As of 2016, what brands are known for their reliability?

Illumina

Newly Enlightened
Thrunite kind of flies under the radar, but all of their lights I have owned have been flawless. Their customer service is great too.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had excellent results with those Malkoffs, and McGizmo. Never used Reylight, and don't even know what is Meteor.

I love the Malkoffs, all of them. The M60 and M61 219A are quite unique so I had to pick them up. The sundrop uses the Nichia 083 which as I understand it is even higher CRI than the 219/119 so I am really excited about that. Also the sapphire optic looks really quite novel and I have to try it.

The Reylights I bought as hosts so they are about as reliable as my soldering skills which lets say I trust everywhere but a warzone then I am just going to use the Malkoffs... Not even a contest there.

The Noctigon Meteor is a 12 emitter light the size of a soda can and with the 219C medium CRI it is the best of both worlds, high quality light and lots of it.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thrunite kind of flies under the radar, but all of their lights I have owned have been flawless. Their customer service is great too.

I use Thrunite TH10 all the time on the Appalachian trail, I trust it.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix is my go to, never had an issue. Can't complain about my Eagletacs either as the two D25A2s I have have both been through the ringer and never failed

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it has to work the first time, every time, all the time, then there is only one light I reach for that has never, and I expect will never let me down: the incan Solitaire, the red one. Some say that green is more durable, but I only ever had the red one. When it's a matter of life and death, it is the only flashlight I can trust. Also, satire is a thing.

archimedes

Flashaholic
.... The sundrop uses the Nichia 083 which as I understand it is even higher CRI than the 219/119 so I am really excited about that. Also the sapphire optic looks really quite novel and I have to try it....

krHeL0c.jpg

Standard, or XR-U ... ?

zqIF4k8.jpg

LensLight also makes (less discussed, but) high quality torches.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I've been wanting to know more about them actually. Can anyone link a good thread or two so I can start my research journey into lens light?

Very little of substance has been posted about these, but here is a rather old early review (and I think the photos are broken) ...

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/270997

I'd be glad to answer any questions I can though ...

O2vzvqI.jpg

xXOTUh0.jpg

Last edited:

ncgrass

Enlightened
Thanks Archimedes, let me do some reading up and I'll post here when I have some questions. They're great looking lights but just not much info out there compared to malkoff or hds or surefire. Cheers!

archimedes

Flashaholic
Thanks Archimedes, let me do some reading up and I'll post here when I have some questions. They're great looking lights but just not much info out there compared to malkoff or hds or surefire. Cheers!

Sure thing .... I researched these quite a bit before settling on the LensLight Mini Ti to try. Expensive, but I have been very pleased with it.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure thing .... I researched these quite a bit before settling on the LensLight Mini Ti to try. Expensive, but I have been very pleased with it.

I have wanted a Micro for a while but they never seem to have any to sell?

Genius1

Newly Enlightened
Lenslight appearances are very beautiful, but too expensive to me.:eek:

Croquette

Enlightened
If there is no budget limit you can't forget Oveready.

I never leave home without at least my boss 35.

Otherwise I trust HDS or my Tana drop in.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashlights don't get much more reliable or durable than HDS.

Last edited: