Attention: LEO's using TK11

Sabre

Newly Enlightened
I've recently switched from my T1 (gifted to my Dad) to my new TK11. I'm using the provided Fenix holster, which works alright.

Thing is, I like the grip ring. The Fenix holster doesn't fit real well with it. The ring gets hung up on the mouth of the holster sometimes when trying to draw. Is there a holster that works with the ring?

Magnus1959

Newly Enlightened
We just did a group buy at my department so I played around with several different holster options to give to the guys. The Surefire V85 (newer version of the Surefire V70) fits the TK10 just fine. The V85 is much nicer because it allows the user to cant his / her light and also carries three CR123 lithiums as well. We had to remove the tactical ring and put the spacer ring on but it worked perfectly! As far as I know the TK11 has the same body as the TK10. Just something to keep in mind!

V85_large.jpg
I've heard the Surefire V70 fit the TK11 well, can you confirm this?

gifters

Newly Enlightened
Well I've looked at the Blade-Tech and as it it won't work with my 2inch belt, I'd love a Tek-Lok the only thing is I don't think any one of there light holders is the appropriate size. I might contact both companies here in the near future and see what they can do but as it stands right now I'm stuck in between a belt and a hard flashlight.

Edit
Duoh! Blade Tech has an OC carrier hidden on there website that has a Tek-Lok and it looks to fit the bill, I just ordered it and will let you know how it works.

Last edited:

gifters

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I got my Blade-Tech OC pouch for Fox Labs OC it has a 1 and 3/8 inch diameter that just fits the light. I got it on sale and with the Tek-Lok option, it was approximately $26 shipped at the time of the sale.

Here is a picture of the light part way inserted into the pouch featureing the Tek-Lok

HPIM1498.JPG

I did have to make one modification to the holster to achieve a secure grasp if the light. I put a couple small pieces of my favorite tactical tape (Gorilla Tape) on the internal part of the pouch. It doest seem like it will get pulled down with insertion of the light and it greatly improves the hold of the light. Initially the the light slowly slide out of the holder with shaking but after adding the tape it past the "shake until you lose your grip of the holder sending the light at your face and busting your lip test" making you wright this review one handed.

HPIM1497.JPG

The final picture is the light in the holder on my Safariland model 94 (2in) duty belt.

HPIM1496.JPG

This is the holder/pouch, I hope you enjoyed the review. I'm going to go put the Tactical ring on my TK-11 and continue to ice my lip... at least its stopped bleeding now.