• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Aug Wave of Mules ***SOLD***

quantile

Newly Enlightened
Re: Aug Wave of Mules

Could it be...? 12 hours and no sold out sign?

E-Mail sent for one Mule Mizer.

Marcus

alauda

Enlightened

If I am not too late...Mizer for me. Email sent

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Hi guys,
I see a number of orders or at least e-mails awaiting and I don't know how these will pair up with the balance of lights left. I will get to it as soon as the coffee has kicked in....

This wave was refreshing from my perspective as it has lasted a bit longer and with less pressure here. It seems to have visited most of the time zones at least.

There will be another wave of these next month so I think everyone wanting to ride a mule wave should get their chance. :shrug: If I ever get to the position that my Current Offerings Thread actually has some items listed, that would be nice! :eek:

I will post a status update a bit later on....

Freyth

Enlightened

Just wondering, after the next wave, will there be any more waves?

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Freyth,
Fair question but at this point, I just don't know. With the titanium lights, I basically need to order a minimum of 50 sets of one style to make it viable with the machine shop. This is a lot better than 500 sets were they aluminium but it is a "lot" that I could not afford to have sit on my shelf. If demand were such that it slowly waned it would be nice to see a final wave take its sweet time in process and my inclination is to continue with some of these lights to the point of diminishing demand. With new designs and the advancments in the LED's themselves, there is a lack of stability in the market which is also an open invitation to inventory mistakes! I have no feel or sense for the long term viability of particular lights or even doing lights themselves. :shrug: I do feel there is an intrinsic value as well as ultimately timeless nature to these titanium lights which should allow me a fair chance at weathering the climate changes in the flashlight market but only time will tell....

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Re: Aug Wave of Mules***SOLD***

Hi guys,
I just finished with my inbox and these are all gone now. Thank you!!!

The Coach

Enlightened
Whew, I've been fighting that little voice in my head :)poke:)and finally lost. Whew!!!!! :sweat: Congratulations to everyone who got one, they're great lights. :thumbsup:

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Replaced the outer black o-ring with a 7/8" GID o-ring.

Catch few tubes for me Don...looks like you were making more mules instead

Last edited:

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast

My mule arrived today! I think this is going to be the most used light I've ever owned. Its perfect! You have to love the flood pattern of the light. Its also the best TI light I've ever handled. Thanks Don! By the way, what is the run time on this thing in hi and low (Mizer version).

Nick

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Mizer on high runs about 3 hours in regulation - on low it's probably around 50 hours.

Russki

Enlightened
Got mine today.
Wow!!!:twothumbs
DSC_0250.jpg

gtie

Enlightened
Mule arrived today!

First McGizmo, very impressed! I've had it in the basement since the sun hasn't set here and really like the distribution of light and lack of a hot spot. This light will be the choice for power outages that occur so frequently here in the mountains. Looking forward to trying it out tonight on a trail to see how it will work for hiking. I'm very glad I went with the Mizer as the longer run time will be much more important for this type of light.

Now just have to decide between the Ti-PD-S or Ti PD 27 for the complement to this light. Any feedback would be appreciated.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Guys,
Thanks for the kind words and images! :eek: I enjoy designing and building these lights and it is icing on the cake when they are found acceptable by you guys!!

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys,
Thanks for the kind words and images! :eek: I enjoy designing and building these lights and it is icing on the cake when they are found acceptable by you guys!!

:faint:

Calling these lights "acceptable" verges on insulting them. "Acceptable" is just about the least flattering thing I can think of to call them without actually lapsing into inaccuracy. These lights are FAR better than "acceptable" !

:shakehead :poke: :thumbsup:

Have a happy and SAFE holiday, all you wacky McGizmites. :wave:

Latest posts