Aurora2: The Final Chapter

CroMAGnet

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
HarryN said:
I know he is putting a lot of time into his grad degree and family. What do you do after all of this as an encore ?
That's a good question and he's just the person to ask.

Is anyone in touch with him? js, bwaites?

I'm just curious

bwaites

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
js and I both talk with him occasionally, js more than me.

He is doing exactly as described, though I think he still has a trick or two up his sleeve.

He hinted at a regulated Superlight in the Aurora2 post.

Bill

CroMAGnet

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
oh geez! I didn't even read that he wrote he's taking indefinate leave. So school and inspiration then. I'm glad to hear the lines of communication are still there. Hope he comes to visit and maybe even bring a new inspiration to build a regulated version or maybe something that is half solid heatsink, half battery pack with a switch in the tail... or not :)

PaulW

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
CroMAGnet said:
Check out the first post in this thread. All I gotta say is WOW!
Yep, it is a magnificent light. I had the privilege of holding it and playing with it. That was a real trip! Wilkey posted some great pictures, but they don't do justice to actually seeing and feeling the Aurora2.

How come Ginseng isn't posting anymore? Like he's dissapeared off the face of the earth.
He does post every now and then, in spurts. You might find it fun to search his posts.

Paul

BVH

BVH

Flashaholic
Supporter
He was moderating some threads over at Mr. Bulk's Forum - a while back, anyway. I find as I get older, it is more difficult emotionally when people leave my life. Its true here - even though I haven't met 99.9% of the people on CPF. It was very sad when Mr. Bulk broke away to form his own forum and when many members followed him. This year, I've had 4 people I have worked with for at least 20 years, retire. It has been very dificult to deal with. Yes there are good people to replace them with, but its not the same. Thank goodness, I've only got a little over 2 years myself before I retire. Looking on the bright side, Mr. Bulk and others are still around, just in a different place and I can visit both forums. And there are still many great legends in thier own time right here on CPF! That's enough rambling!

Cliffnopus

Cliffnopus

Enlightened
WOW !!! Absolutely fantastic - a thing of beauty. Relax and re-energize, the world of lights needs you back.

Cliff

DaFABRICATA

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
The links at the start of the thread don't work. I was hoping to see what this thing is like.

Hallis

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some folks at the DFW Get Together got to see this light in person :)

Shane

vestureofblood

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
What happened to the pictures? I could swear that only a month ago they were still visible.

vestureofblood

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Wishing the pictures were still in this thread :)

DrafterDan

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Yes, that's a lot of institutional knowledge lost.