[AUS/NZ]Relatively cheap bike lighting system

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
The price works out to less than $100 US, which is, indeed, an attractive price for a 3-level (5W/10W/15W) bicycle lightiing system. The runtimes are impressive.

It's great to see something as essential as powerful lighting become affordable enough for nearly every bicyclist to justify. Last year, the concierge at my job informed me that she enjoys bicycling with her daughter. With only the slightest encouragement, this 40-something woman--who can't be earning much money--bought two sets of 10W Nighthawk headlights and 2xAA Cateye taillights, for a total cost of about $75 per bicycle.

Glen C

Enlightened
Argon, that is indeed a good price, I know two people who may be interested and will let them know. Thank you

Argon

Newly Enlightened
Well since this thread is now apart of the Bike light thread index i figured i might give a quick rundown of the package. overall it's not a bad deal when it was at the special price of $85AUD. I have gone for about half a dozen night rides with it so far mostly single trail through bushland, and i would have to say it's a great package for what i want to use it for. The 10w bulb is the most useful through the trails which provide an excellent flood light that lights up everything in front of you. The 5W i leave on through out the entire ride and have it pointing just in front of the front wheel to spot ruts and such on the trails. I'm considering moding this bulb housing and putting a LED in it's place. I also ride with a L2D-CE strapped to the top of my helmet which is great for seeing into corners and it provides the most throw.

In overall light output it's also pretty good with the 5W offering about the same light as an LOD-CE and the 10W offering slightly more light then an L2D-CE but with more flood, and much better colour rendition. It's also a very well made and sturdy unit, it has already survived two stacks. I don't overly tighten the fasteners and adjustments which lets the light move when enough pressure is put on it.

Will put up a few beam shots when i get around to it, but n the mean time.

Last edited: