Aux Driving Lights thet have a Cat or a Fox image in the Logo?

therock

Newly Enlightened
A friend of mine is going to dig out, and give me some driving lights he has had stored for may years that he says have a Cat or a Fox logo on the lens covers.
He says they are new. I believe they are of the old Jeep factory option vintage. He got them from a Jeep factory employee decades ago.

I am in anxious suspense................. Can't wait...........

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast

May not help. This is not SEV Marchal's website, the products they sell are "reproductions" (a generous word for "fakes").

Therock,

If your friend has real, live Marchal lights for you (certainly pre-2009/pre-marchal.jp), that sounds indeed like a score.

I'm sure there's a thread about the "marchal-moto" (a little play with "morimoto") above, but I'll let someone else use the Search function for once.

Last edited:

therock

Newly Enlightened
Thanks,

Well, we are both senior citizens and apparently he or we had a senior moment because I was believing he had them both in tact. Today he says he only found one and with no mount but is still digging as I type.
The glass has 850 or 8500 on it. I told him to use a shovel! Heh.

one_marchal_zpsfde46617.jpg~original

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
850 or 850GT, maybe. Try to get some of the regulatory marks a little better-- that will tell us their real function. (Those *might* be fog lamps, but the lenses will tell all.)

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
That's a fog lamp. 850, used on Jeep (full-size "SJ") Wagoneer/Cherokee vehicles in the '70s and '80s. Larger than the 750, smaller than the 950.