• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired AW Batteries

Longsincegone

Newly Enlightened
Long ago I bought 20 AW batteries. They are 18650s black with a silver label that has a red oval at the top that says power +. They're the best batteries I've ever owned and they have all finally crapped out. I'm sure I bought them on this forum maybe 7-8 years ago. I can't seem to find the sales thread. I took one of them apart and it seems like a rebranded Panasonic battery with an added protection circuit. The seller must have a really good source for Panasonic batteries and I have no issue with the rebranding. I've been ready to pull the trigger on a battery purchase a half dozen times on Amazon when I got down to reading the reviews only to find out the seller is selling counterfeit Chinese batteries that are supposed to be Japanese batteries. I don't know how to avoid that so I thought I would try to just buy the same batteries again. Does anyone know if the AW battery guy is still selling them here? Thanks in advance for the help.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The AW factory closed a while back due to flooding.
Your best source for information on alternatives is here......

https://lygte-info.dk/

There a comparator on there that you will find useful.

Make sure you buy from a reputable dealer - not Amazon - Illumn.com come to mind.
I'm sure others will have some more ideas.
P

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
As Sir peter has mentioned, illumn is a good choice. If you find amazon as convenient as many of us do, get Orbtronic. Their protected batteries are first class but also sell unprotected on their own website. They are based in Florida, do not ship to Europe and other places, and in the past, took time off in August(?) so now might be a good time to get them. There are others with good reputation and proven support if things go defective, like mtnelectronics. Feel free to ask further questions and best to you.

Longsincegone

Newly Enlightened
Wow, those are great resources. I never would have found them on my own. Love the danish website. Lots of good info there. The Illumn supplier is amazing! I just bought 10 Samsung 25R's for $4.99 each! For that price I really don't care if they're Chinese knockoffs and half of them fail. LOL

Thanks very much to you both. My problem is solved. As far as I'm concerned the thread is closed.