Balloon Wars 2023!!!

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Food for thought
First decent representation that I have seen of it. I was wondering what it really looked like. But my first thought is, why didn't we immediately bombard it with low power lasers to disable its CCDs and ability to image anything? Maybe we did. It wouldn't have taken much.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Funny how so many folks are so shocked that a nation would send a slow moving spy ship (called a balloon) across the US but those same folks spill their daily details on a spy app (called tik tok)....put out by that country that sent the balloon.

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny how so many folks are so shocked that a nation would send a slow moving spy ship (called a balloon) across the US but those same folks spill their daily details on a spy app (called tik tok)....put out by that country that sent the balloon.

Now that gives me another idea for a cartoon. The famous "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!" scene from The Wizard of Oz, whereas instead of the wizard head there's the balloon, and hiding behind the curtain is TikTok!

You shut your mouth!! Who the hell puts money under my pillow and gives me a basket of candy every year then??

Tell me that Mr. Smarty Pants. <crossesarms>

:ROFLMAO:
Sorry, boo.

woman-yelling-at-cat-meme.jpg

Last edited:

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another one bites the dust!!

Ward Carroll's channel again (this is only a couple minutes)

This one apparently posed a threat to commercial air travel since it was (supposedly) in the 40k foot altitude range. I say supposedly since at this point, the spin mode is fully active. And I don't mean on the balloon.

The administration has claimed that during the previous admin there were also balloon overflights that went undetected, but they somehow went back and reanalyzed some data (from what/where???) and determined that more overflights had occurred.

That sounds to me like the predictable standard CYA (Cover Your Assets) that the politicos use to try to excuse actions and deflect blame ( "but THAT guy did THIS when HE was in office!!" )

So far I haven't seen any evidence or further detail offered that would help prove that assertion. If a pres is going to make a bold claim like that about his predecessor, he'd better have something to back it up, otherwise it just looks like empty pettiness and CYA mode. Of course, the CBS news article I just read is already stating the previous overflights as "fact" without any words like "claimed" or "alleged" as a caveat.

So yeah, by this point, take any official gov statement or media news piece with a BIG grain of salt.

Man, I swear it seems like spin, lies, and propaganda haven't changed much in the 100 years since WW1, or maybe even further back...

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
If only the previous administration could have stayed in office, maybe we'd have some transparency and honesty for a change.

NO administration has been transparent and honest. 😂

Transparency and honesty are incompatible with government function!! lol

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Google Stephen kings IT and China translation it is crazy but if you saw the story on cnnn you will have your eyes open

idleprocess

Flashaholic
At this point I expect subsequent "Chinese spy balloons" to be honeypots with minimal sensor packages since provoking a response is their main value now.