Barbolight Series experiences and thoughts.

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone here got one?

Im not a diver but i ordered the Barbolight T-15 and i cant wait to get one,looks like a tough light.

I especially like the ruggedness and the fact that many Divers prefer this light over many others.I have been eyeballing Javiers lights for quite a while now and it puzzles me that his series of lights is not talked about more.

Are there any disadvantages with these lights?
I cant seem to find any exept the lack of two levels of light,but understand that it is not needed under water.

It would be a great addition to a already great light.

Your thoughts and experiences please :)

Maybe someone have specs and info about all the lights he has made?
I dont speak spanish so the website is hard to understand.

Regards,
Benny

Hans

Enlightened
Sorry, double post. Don't know what happened.

Last edited:

Hans

Enlightened
I've only seen and handled one Barbolight so far, and it's about the toughest light I've played with. I found it even tougher than my Surefires. Sure, the Barbolights are not the smallest and certainly not the cheapest lights out there, but I really like their ruggedness. I'm especially interested in the B-04 - direct drive, running on AAs. Looks like the ultimate hurricane light to me.

I think the reason why they aren't talked about more is their simplicity, their size, and their price. They aren't nice toys like most of the Fenix lights, but tools.

Hans

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 so far.

The Barbolights are one of the most ( perhaps the most) ruggedness lights on the market.
Thick AL-bodies, very good HAIII surface and aggressive grip.
The internal construction is simpel (conscious) and thus reliable and less fragile.
Very robust and indestructible twisty-tailcaps and 2 independant circuits for each 2 Leds (at the 4-Ermitter lights).
So the possibility to be in the darkness with such a light is nearby zero.

If I have to trust my life on a light, I would choose one of my Barbolights......and I own a few lights, also expensive ones:twothumbs

Very best regards

_____
Tom

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine today and i am impressed!!

VERY rugged and powerful.
Feels like its unbreakable.

The T-15 is much smaller than i had imagined,and it packs a punch.
These are DD right?No electronics?

Cant wait for darkness to set in.

Oh btw,
McGizmos long Ti Clip looks like its made for this light,put mine on.Perfect fit.The holes matches exactly.

Now to find a supply of those Clips...:candle:

Benny

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some pics :)

Sorry about the bad pictures,i was lazy and didnt bother with setting up the camera and lightning properly.

CIMG2882Small.jpg

CIMG2883Small.jpg

CIMG2884Small.jpg

CIMG2886Small.jpg

grinsefalle

Enlightened
Got mine today and i am impressed!!

VERY rugged and powerful.
Feels like its unbreakable.
The T-15 is much smaller than i had imagined,and it packs a punch.
These are DD right?No electronics?
Cant wait for darkness to set in.

Benny

+1
These are exactly my impressions, too. The T-15 is noticeable brighter than a Gladius P4. You get a wall of light with a defined hotspot, very useful up to medium distances.
The tint is not as white (with tendencies to blue) as the SSC P4 in my Gladius, it is much "warmer". This is useful, you get a good color retention (is this the right word?)

regards
Michael

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is VERY warm tinted,feels like i turn on a pure white incand.

Will coment on brightness once the darkness sets in.If i dont fall alseep that is...lol.

Benny

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately I don't have any experience with Barbolight flashlights.
I was looking at their Spanish official website and I like the U-04. I guess it's also a non-regulated output - but the discharge curve looks quite flat, probably because of the Li-ION rechargeable battery. It has 216 lumens according to the PDF file, that's a lot from such a small light and it looks like it would survive everything :thumbsup:. I think I will buy a Barbolight one day!

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank your for your comments, friends. I really like this light. It has great throw, but the people is more impressed usually for the wall of light it puts out there. That makes it really confortable to use, specially in close to medium ranges (near 100 m/300 ft). You can control an incredible area with just a flash, no need to turn your head or your hand.
This light is named T-15 as "T" stands for tactical. It was designed for that purpose. (that is the reason of the very soft and silent tactical pushbutton).

Most of the testers were given the option of longer throws at the expense of narrower coronas, but they all preffered this medium range configuration.

The light is not so warm, but when you are used to LEDs the warm corona is very noticeable. The hot-spot is really bluish, then you find a secondary area with warmer tint, and the peripheral corona has an "in-between" tint.

Luxeons were much more perfect in colour distribution.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
IMHO tint has been pushed well beyond sane limits on CPF. Sure, the old LuxI were bad, but from the LuxIII and on ... tint was a non-issue basically. Except for us.

This light pictured ... got some more info? Like batteries, electronics and runtime?

bernie

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light is not so warm, but when you are used to LEDs the warm corona is very noticeable. The hot-spot is really bluish, then you find a secondary area with warmer tint, and the peripheral corona has an "in-between" tint.

Luxeons were much more perfect in colour distribution.

Weird,

Mine is Very warm tinted,allthough the hotspot is a bit bluish.
Definatively the best color rendering light i have,and i few a few :green:

Benny

Daylight

Newly Enlightened
I have a B-04 (this is a tank, very very solid, direct drive, with Energizer L-91 Lithium AA you have great output) and T-04, both are very good flashlights in whole aspects, Javier has gotten nice developments.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Javier,

Long time, no talk... :)

I just wanted you to know that my 8 cell "Golden Dragon HID" is still going strong. It's been about 4 years now and I am only on my second lamp.

Do you happen to remember what batteries you used in this light?

At any rate, Javier's lights are excellent quality.

Those who want to take a "stroll down memory lane," The DragonHID thread can be found here.

Tom

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for bumping this thread :)

I used mine every night this easter,great light small powerful and rugged.
It has become my favorite bump in the night light.

Gets pretty hot when left unattended indoors but it survived temprature changes ranging from + 25 degrees celsius to Minus 25 celsius with no problems.Thats a 50 degree diffrence....
In and out of that cabin,getting wood,walking etc etc.. i even tossed the light on the rock hard ice many times just to see if it would survive.

Its a keeper.
Just needs that 2-stage switch for perfect versatility.

Latest posts