Battery/charger review

R

rjpstoked

Newly Enlightened
Review: I discovered the Powerizer Ultra high 2500Ah AA batteries by what I believe is having good Karma or others may think, accident. On one of my night rides on the local cross country track here in Richmond with a bud, my juice ran out of my Dinotte 3W ultra headlamp, leaving me on minimal light setting (just barely enough to crawl thru terrain). Luckily, my bud had a spare set for his lights and lent me a set of these Powerizer Ultra high 2500Ah AA batteries. Well, not only was I thankful for his generosity but I was also curious to his unknown brand of rechargeable. I figured, nice, but not going to last as long as my expensive store bought non rechargeable. Boy was I surprised. They not only outlasted my store batteries by over 1 hour (usually 3.5hour runtime) but still had a charge in them when I exchanged the set with my bud for some recharged ones. He even went further and lent me his CH-V3150 Smart Compact Charger for NiMH Battery and 2 sets of batteries for my DiNotte Ultra 3 (he had upgrade his charger to the CH-V6988 IC-Controlled ten Channels Ni-MH and Ni-Cd Smart Battery Charger because it was able to charge ten batteries instead of four at once). Now I consider myself a tech head but as with every thing, there is a it of a learning curve on anything new. I had tried Duracell rechargeable, but found them short lived and recharging them difficult to keep up with. The Duracell was rated at 2050 mAh but I never seemed to be able to get what I thought I should from them. Maybe I was overcharging or missing something. That’s why I so loved the CH-V3150 Smart Compact charger. Talk about tech head geek heaven. This charger can charge my set of four in about five hours to full charge. Another appreciated feature of the charger is it is a load and forget charger…important for me as I tend to be a little distracted at times and that is one of the reasons I stopped using rechargeable in the first place. Along with those features, there is a myriad of other checks and balances that insure safe charging, bad battery diagnosing and usable with both AA and AAA. Well after awhile he wondered why I didn’t just buy a set up for myself. for a few months I would bum a recharged set from him, till one day he asked me why don’t I just get my own…duh…I had figured at first they would cost an arm and leg. Another surprise. For fewer than 30.00 I was able to get set up with a Smart Charger, eight AA powerizers, and battery cases for a set of four. Considering I was paying 20.00 a month in batteries for my nightly commutes from work (I am a RN and work at the state hospital) to home, I am quite happy with my purchase and I plan on doing more business with them in future.

Robert P.

Last edited: