Battery comparison 357 and 1/3N

corneileous

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, is this 1-3N battery essentially just two of these 357/303 batteries in one casing? The 1/3N says its a lithium and the 357 batteries are just a silver oxide but aren't they pretty much the same or no? The 1/3N is a 3 volt and the 357/303's are a volt and a half so I figured 4 of those would be the same as two of the other ones. Thanks.

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
Silver oxide is a low-drain type of cell. 357A is alkaline equivalent to LR44. I don't think two alkalines in series will behave exactly like 3v Lithium over its discharge life. Not sure what you plan to use them for.

Dave

corneileous

Newly Enlightened
Silver oxide is a low-drain type of cell. 357A is alkaline equivalent to LR44. I don't think two alkalines in series will behave exactly like 3v Lithium over its discharge life. Not sure what you plan to use them for.

Dave
I was just looking for an equivalent to that 1/3N battery to go in my laser sight for a pistol.

I guess being that the batteries it came with are a lithium, I'll just keep using those.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
You may get it to work with 2x357 (AG13 alkaline) batteries but if the power drain is too high runtime may not be optimal or even work at all as lithium primaries usually have a lower internal resistance and are able to provide more current than alkaleaks.