Battery drain output chart for the production Arc-LS?

papasan

Enlightened
if someone could do a bettery drain/output chart for the production model of the Arc-LS i would be interested in seeing the results...something similar to telephony's thing...

graph4.gif

speaking of telephony's thing...there are 7 colors in the key on the top right, but i only count 6 different colored lines...what's missing?...is that long one the 2AA alkaline or lithium test?...

also, would be cool if someone could add a couple of NiMH lines to that...oh, and pictures...yeah, pictures...that's the ticket...=)...

papasan

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by telephony:
My "bathroom" was one of those hospital urinator bottles, and I moved the coffee machine to the test area so I could stay awake for the most part.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ouch, man!...now that's dedication!...i'm glad you found a way to semi-automate it...

i would have probably just done readings every 30 minutes or so if i were the one dong the testing...but i'm lazy like that =)...

MrAl

Flashlight Enthusiast
>>>
so I could stay awake for the most part.
<<<

Perhaps you can get a meter with computer
interface. The computer logs the data
while you sleep. I did this when testing
NiCd storage capacity. I connected a fixed
load to the battery and let the computer/
meter log the voltage. When it was done,
i had a complete record of the voltage
as it discharged, in 10 second increments
over a period of a few hours. You can
then use a program to analyze the data or
just pick every 10 reading for publishing
on the web or something like that.

Good luck with your tests, and thanks
for testing this stuff,
Al

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by papasan:
speaking of telephony's thing...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not exactly a good choice of words there. Only the family doctor is allowed to look at that.
shocked.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif
shocked.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by papasan:
there are 7 colors in the key on the top right, but i only count 6 different colored lines...what's missing?...is that long one the 2AA alkaline or lithium test?...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The long one that goes past the end is the lithium AA test.

I pretty much ran out of time because I had so many other lights that needed to be put on the website. This chart was made when I was doing them by hand. That entailed sitting at the computer and taking a meter reading every 30 seconds and then plotting it to the chart one pixel at a time in real-time. During this time no other work could be done. No housework, no reading the paper or the mail, no watching TV, no running to the bathroom, no cooking, no answering the door, no going outside, no sleeping, no nothing.
My "bathroom" was one of those hospital urinator bottles, and I moved the coffee machine to the test area so I could stay awake for the most part.

The system I'm using now is more automated, in that it uses a recording meter hooked up to a second PC. However I still have to plot the chart manually when the test period ends; though I can usually do that in less than an hour and face none of the restrictions the previous method imposed.

also, would be cool if someone could add a couple of NiMH lines to that...oh, and pictures...yeah, pictures...that's the ticket...=)...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This will all have to wait until probably early March, unless somebody who managed to get their hands on a production Arc-LS has the necessary equipment and the willingness to **** away several days to a week or more running all these tests. I did recently acquire a set of 1600mAh NiMH AA cells, but I can't do much with them until I figure out where I put the charger.
blush.gif