Battery for AceBeam L19 (v.2) - anyone know max Ampere needed?

AGZ

Newly Enlightened
Greetings all
I managed to fry my Acebeam 21700 battery by trying to charge it from the car usb. It will be a while before I can get an original replacement (shipping from the US these days is much more expensive than the item).
I can, however, get other known brand 21700 such as the 21700 5000 mah 50e samsung, Liitokala etc.
Some of these say they are only good for e.g. up to 10amps, but I don't know how much this flashlight requires on turbo mode.
Also, will a flat top fit?
Cheers

Ady

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the product web page it says: "at least 10A"
But looking at the characteristics of the battery (illumn website) we read that it is up to 20 A of discharge.
Probably if you have at least 10A or more that's fine but for the best performance get a battery that can offer up to 20A of discharge like the original one.

I can't tell you if flat batteries will work, does the flashlight have two springs in the battery compartment?
In order not to make a useless purchase, it is better to buy a button top battery.

You claim to have problems with battery availability, which country do you write from?

Attachments

• L192.png
    L192.png
    188.2 KB · Views: 67
  • L19.png
    L19.png
    206 KB · Views: 72

AGZ

Newly Enlightened
On the product web page it says: "at least 10A"
But looking at the characteristics of the battery (illumn website) we read that it is up to 20 A of discharge.
Probably if you have at least 10A or more that's fine but for the best performance get a battery that can offer up to 20A of discharge like the original one.

I can't tell you if flat batteries will work, does the flashlight have two springs in the battery compartment?
In order not to make a useless purchase, it is better to buy a button top battery.

You claim to have problems with battery availability, which country do you write from?
Thanks so much. I'm in Israel, shipping from the US will take 2-4 weeks and likely cost 30$ (based on previous experience).

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try writing to Acebeam for a list of dealers in Europe or in your area.

Maybe you can write to the Dutch NKON (sells Acebeam and many 21700 battery even if I don't see the one you are looking for in the original) and to the Spanish website Siliceo.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Illumn Supply has upgraded Keepower 21700 15a max output, Protected cells. (You will need to inquire, the upgraded cells are not on website, yet)

Not sure if they'll accommodate shipping to middle East. You'll need to Ask.

Reactions: AGZ

Latest posts