Battery noob with .7 volts on imr ?

SVT-ROY

Enlightened
I know just enough to be dangerous I'm thinking.

I have 2 keeppower imr 18350s for the new MT10C. I did the beacon that's supposed to last for weeks, it was just a few days in and I had noticed it wasn't blinking....My multi meter read .7 volts. Should I just recycle and forget about it or try to charge it? I read that anything under 3.0-2.6 is the lowest voltage you should go. A bit worried about such a low volts.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
recycle imo

Since it's an IMR chemistry and since it's a relatively short period of time, he could probably try and charge it up, but that cell is probably damaged to the tune of diminished capacity.

ICRs can be charged back up from that level, if they haven't sat for very long, preventing those copper ion doohickeys from migrating and forming a shunt, but we're not talking about that.

This is a problem with doing long term 'low' output runtime tests!

I got through about 44-46 hours on low, with my DQG Tiny Triple/26650, but I was checking voltages every 8 hours and getting an idea of where I was.

Chris

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know just enough to be dangerous I'm thinking.

I have 2 keeppower imr 18350s for the new MT10C. I did the beacon that's supposed to last for weeks, it was just a few days in and I had noticed it wasn't blinking....My multi meter read .7 volts. Should I just recycle and forget about it or try to charge it? I read that anything under 3.0-2.6 is the lowest voltage you should go. A bit worried about such a low volts.
Chunk it, it's dead done done done.

The danger happens when trying to charge a deeply discharge lion. 2 batteries? Were they both that low? If one were hot and one were .7v this is a recipe for disaster.

SVT-ROY

Enlightened
The light is a single cell so one is still good, I have no problem tossing into my recycling pile of spent cells. So I'm not sitting on a time bomb...whew.