Battery Storage Case

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
For what? Home or travel? What size batteries?

If you have a bunch of batteries, I like the plastic ammo boxes. Different size ammo fits different batteries perfectly for home.

Travel, there is thyrm or something similar.

One battery? Spare flashlight. 18650 Zebralight is 1.4 oz, lighter than many battery cases and far more secure. And you get a spare light out of the deal. 🔦🙂

FlashlightFun

Newly Enlightened
For what? Home or travel? What size batteries?

If you have a bunch of batteries, I like the plastic ammo boxes. Different size ammo fits different batteries perfectly for home.

Travel, there is thyrm or something similar.

tech25 -

I'm looking for a neat, organized (and safe) way to store batteries at home, including:
* AA
* AAA
* 9v
* CR-123A
* Misc. other types/sizes of batteries

Actually, the ones that are the proving to be the most annoying at the moment are the AA primary batteries. For some reason, they just don't seem to like the manufacturer package they came in.

I store my AA and AAA in a little cardboard box. :). Actually it's two, one for charged and one for empty, because I use all rechargeables.

Last edited:

FlashlightFun

Newly Enlightened
One battery? Spare flashlight. 18650 Zebralight is 1.4 oz, lighter than many battery cases and far more secure. And you get a spare light out of the deal. 🔦🙂

JimIslander:
Interestingly, I have a Zebralight battery that uses a 18650 battery. The reason I don't use it very much is that I don't like the charger I purchased for it. (I guess that when I have time, I should try to find a battery charger I like better.)

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been using Malamute AA cases for a couple years now. I throw 'em into bags, backpacks, desk drawers. I've dropped on ground, and don't pop open.. they're tough!

Malamute Products dot com.. all their cases have same outer shell. The inside soft rubber insert trays differ in color for each cell size.. Cool integrated rubber feet hold the inserts into the case and stop the hard plastic case from sliding around inside drawers. They are well thought out, engineered and made in USA!

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
This

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220116-201827.jpg
    Screenshot_20220116-201827.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 99

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I have a lot of my batteries in a Flambeau case that is 8.5 x 13.75 inches. It is perfect for AAs and fine for 18650s I also have AAAs, coin and button cells in it and misc stuff including a small battery tester. I got it at Walmart but am not sure they carry it any more it cost me about $7 I think years ago and has good construction unlike cheap boxes that over time the hinges can tear through the plastic it has pin hinges and positive snap latches.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Designed and laser cut some AA boxes as presentation cases for Christmas. Considering making some more for myself of a different design for bulk storage of a variety of sizes.

Attachments

• PXL_20211215_234156391.jpg
    PXL_20211215_234156391.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 81

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do the MTM ammo box for AA alkaline, every cell is separated in case of the inevitable leak.

MTM Case-Gard 50 series, model RSLD-50

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
I'm looking for a neat, organized (and safe) way to store batteries at home, including:
* AA
* AAA
* 9v
* CR-123A
* Misc. other types/sizes of batteries

Actually, the ones that are the proving to be the most annoying at the moment are the AA primary batteries. For some reason, they just don't seem to like the manufacturer package they came in.

I've got several of these: 18650 Battery Case @ IMRbatteries.

They're designed for 18650 cells, yes, but they work just fine for AA, CR123 and 9V as well. AAA are too puny, so those don't stay put in aligned by the mini "rails" between the rows. But they're solid, have a tight snap that keeps the lids closed (ie, when in a suitcase for traveling). They stack well. Not waterproof, if that's what you're looking for.

BatteryJunction carries inexpensive AA/AAA carriers, holding either 4xAA or 5xAAA: click.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I have been using Malamute AA cases for a couple years now. I throw 'em into bags, backpacks, desk drawers. I've dropped on ground, and don't pop open.. they're tough!
I have several of these. While they do use stressed-plastic hinges, they seem extremely well-engineered relative to most other products in the genre.

roostre

Newly Enlightened
My most used AA / AAA cases are the ones from Panasonic which each hold either 4 x AA or 5 x AAA batteries. They cost a little more than similar types and are not waterproof, but they are of higher quality than the other types I have used:

Ammo boxes are another option to store many batteries, here are the ones I use (which are not waterproof):

Ammo box for AA (holds 50 batteries):

Ammo box for AAA (holds 50 batteries):

Ammo box for 18650 (holds 25 batteries):

NOTE: I have not found a suitable Ammo box for storing 21700 batteries.

Last edited:

FlashlightFun

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to everyone who posted suggestions.

I ended up ordering a plastic battery organizer/storage case. Although it's not optimal (for a number of reasons), it may still prove somewhat useful. It holds quite a few batteries (particularly AA and AAA).

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
My most used AA / AAA cases are the ones from Panasonic which each hold either 4 x AA or 5 x AAA batteries. They cost a little more than similar types and are not waterproof, but they are of higher quality than the other types I have used:

Ammo boxes are another option to store many batteries, here are the ones I use (which are not waterproof):

Ammo box for AA (holds 50 batteries):

Ammo box for AAA (holds 50 batteries):

Ammo box for 18650 (holds 25 batteries):

NOTE: I have not found a suitable Ammo box for storing 21700 batteries.

I'd go with the MTM boxes if I had enough to organize, and I agree the Panasonic AA/AAA are 'best of breed' for routine storage / access.