BatteryStation brand lithium AAs ?

David_Campen

Enlightened
I see that BatteryStation lists their brand of lithium AAs as if they are now available for purchase. Has anyone bought any of these? Anyone seen any discharge curves for these?

rdshores

Enlightened
David_Campem said; [ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flash Amp'd one at 7.1.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does this mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

It means you put your multimeter on the 20amp scale and momentarily short across the battery for a current reading.

David_Campen

Enlightened
Anyone know what the chemistry of these batteries is? I thought that Eveready/Energizer had the Li/FeS2 battery chemistry all to themselves via patents.

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Contact Silverfox to get these cells tested. If you send him some batteries to test, then he can include the results in his battery shoot outs as well.

Sigbjoern

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got two, to try.great meter out at 1.8V and change.
they the "tit" + end look's like a L91 enegizer, but they usually read 1.7 and change. seem to be well made only problem is I'm using one in a ultra G and even with a carbon zinc those light's run forever!
Anything like his 123's it's bang'in. VDG

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
[ QUOTE ]
David_Campen said:
Anyone know what the chemistry of these batteries is? I thought that Eveready/Energizer had the Li/FeS2 battery chemistry all to themselves via patents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone looked carefully at the cells' end caps and case to check if they're physically identical to Energizer cells? Are these re-branded Energizers or an Asian-produced knock-off? Just wondering....

[Edit] Oh, it would be nice to know what the voltage is on a fresh cell.

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonBoy said:

Has anyone looked carefully at the cells' end caps and case to check if they're physically identical to Energizer cells? Are these re-branded Energizers or an Asian-produced knock-off? Just wondering....

[Edit] Oh, it would be nice to know what the voltage is on a fresh cell.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just check 10 BatteryStation AA lithium cells throwing out the highest 1.92V and the lowest 1.82V they average 1.84V. The end caps look a little different than the Energizer L91.

Later
Kelly

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Here's the L91 and the Battery Station AA's side-by-side:

bs-1.jpg
bs-2.jpg

Here are runtime plots on the XM-3 using two L91's and 2 Battery Station AA Lithiums. On average, the Battery Station Lithiums generated about 84 Fc@1Ft more light than did the L91's (measured at two hours into the plots).

bs-3.jpg