Beamshots --> Chimo rd1, Chimo rd2, AWR NANO

diggdug13

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been lucky enough to aquire both a round 1 and a round 2 Chimo AAA Mod and a AWR nano. it took a while for the mail to deliver my round 2. Prior to the mail man bringing me my round 2 I had though that the Chimo round 1 was the cream of the crop.... I was wrong! The Chimo round 2 is easily the brightest AAA light that I've ever seen or had. Well done Chimo!

now on to the beam shots.

The back drop is my headboard at the hotel. I know it's not the best for beam shots but that's all I've got.. sorry!

First up is the close in shot of the three modified lights on LOW.
LEFT: Chimo Round 2, CENTER: Chimo Round 1, RIGHT: AWR NANO

Next up is the close in shot of the three modifed lights on HIGH.
LEFT: Chimo Round 2, CENTER: Chimo Round 1, RIGHT: AWR NANO

IMO close in shots are all for looks and to see the hotspot. they don't give too much of an indication of what they will light up at 2 meters (6 feet). So lets take a look at the lights from 2 meters.

First up is the trusty keychain light... the indistructable ARC AAA v4

Next up is AWR's Nano on HIGH

Chimo round 1 on HIGH

Chimo round 2 on HIGH

Now for some side by side action.... let the battle begin :touche:

First combatants are the Chimo round 1 against AWR's Nano both set to HIGH.
WINNER: Chimo Round 1

Well Chimo Round 1 made it to the finals to do battle against is brother the Chimo round 2.
WINNER: Chimo Round 2

Now all of these lights are well made but the Chimo round 1 and round 2 are simply the very best AAA mods I've ever had the pleasure of owning. again chimo thank you for building these for us and thank you to the kind CPF members who sold them to me (because I missed both runs).

here's a side photo of my back drop so you can see how I managed to do the beamshots as fairly as I possibly could. Notice the sidespill from the Chimo round 2.. (Chimo round 1 light closest to the camera, Chimo round 2 furthest from camera)

enjoy
Doug

CroMAGnet

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
DOUG! You finally got your NANO!!! :clap: Thanks a ton for this very nice comparison! :)