Beginner's Guide to explain simple LED flashlight.

eftpower

Newly Enlightened
feel silly asking BUT I'm stumped! Was gifted a lux pro lp600 and I can NOT get the battery compartment open...have put pliers to it,but will not unscrew..............I have feeling that I am trying to unscrew it at the wrong place.., I can not tell where to unscrew.. holding the light base down where IS the division between the base and the bottom cap? There is a raised band with LP600 on it, counting from the very bottom, I count 4 "divisions' to that band and 1 directly above. All I have succeeded in doing is scratch the case with my vise grips...

Please help and old geezer out :drool:
thank you in advance
brian

eftpower

Newly Enlightened
Thank you so very much for the link..It wqs exactly what i needed. was able to get the light apart. There was heavy white build up on the end cap threads and on the wall of the case... but no corrosion on the internal components. did need to tap a socket thru the tube to take out the dents from the pliers.

again thank you so much of the link.

best regards
brin

SuperHowl

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

new to this forum and this is a great place to start. thanks for the info!

CharlesFX

Newly Enlightened
Good information here.
Was just wondering if there are any websites / info or news on upcoming new Cree LED models and expected outputs that are coming to market etc ??

Lateck

Newly Enlightened
Download, THANK YOU for this post and the drawings!
I like many just got into LED lights by accident or curiosity in wanting something better than a Maglite.
I thought I understood it all but I never really knew the "Basics". I teach at times and always push the basics in what ever field, so students can build there knowledge. I missed the basics with LED lights, until now!
Thank you and the few who helped in the beginning of the thread (and throughout).

Lateck,

mortality

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for this. I have had a few Coast lights in the past and am looking into getting a Fenix. This post explains a few things I was curious about.

elidaesilva

Newly Enlightened
This is the thread and why I register here. I was searching a powerful led flashlight and this thread has all information that i wanted to know.

lumanir

Newly Enlightened
Great information, very useful.
What is the max lumen for handheld flashlights:huh: (if there exist a max)?

ceramicknife

Newly Enlightened
I realize that the Chip on Board (COB) leds are very similar in function to the "bulbs" but my problem has been with finding a way to use heat sinks on that long board.

I wanted to bump up a COB light from 3watts to 5 watts but am worried about overheating and damaging the leds on board.

Any suggestions are welcomb.

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
ceramicknife, should be better if install the bigger heat sinks at the back of the Chip on Board.

firstlighting, no problem.

:welcome:

ixix

Newly Enlightened
Always easy to appreciate a simple diagram and clear explanation. Many thanks! Any chance you happen to have a diagram for LED driver design basics as well? :grin2:

Erik005

Newly Enlightened
Very good thread, did not knew this.
Bought a flashlight last week, will help me when it brakes down.

Nyg3

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone,

i am also a new user here and i have been wondering one thing. I dont know, is this the right place to ask, but i'll give it a shot! ;) So i have couple of Olight flashlights and they have this turbo mode, which produces very high output and can be used for a few minutes, until it steps down because of heat. Does the turbo modes affect to the leds lifetime, or is it safe to use them? I can manage to come along with the regular low-med-high modes, if the turbo modes are not good for the led. Thank you for all the replies!