Beryllium Copper Rotary Anniversary Run

Wurkkos

JKolmo

Enlightened
Re: Beryllium Copper Executive and Rotary Anniversary Run

Yeah somewhere in that vicinity. Still it’s a very very nice led - the rotary 170N is one of my absolute favourites!

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nichia SW30, SW35, SW40, and SW45

great options!
HaoPe25l.jpg

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Beryllium Copper Executive and Rotary Anniversary Run

I’m waiting for 351D test results. We need to move on folks...
E21 emitters are more efficient than 219B and better CRI and throw...just sayin’

EDIT: i completely agree with my man jon_slider up there but i just wanted to “expand horizons” to the guys who are not familiar with other stuff

Last edited:

Johnnyh

Enlightened

Is E21 suitable for this? I have one in a Sofirn AAA and it’s great but I had the impression they’re unsuitable for larger lights....not sure where I got that.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Beryllium Copper Executive and Rotary Anniversary Run

They are amazing up to 2A
e093be7f905857280630272849a4d7bd.jpg

They are completly different format and i don’t see them comin’ but you never know...
There were some predictions for the next decade so.....

Johnnyh

Enlightened

Thanks for that, I also wish the Optisolis could be configured to work in a reflector based light. I picked up a Virence Jetusolis a while ago and that tint and CRI is the best I’ve had.

Johnnyh

Enlightened

Oh yes...I sometimes think I wouldn’t really care if the beam was mis-shaped or whatever...the light it produces is indeed...remarkable!

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

the light it produces is indeed...remarkable!

great LEDs, but not XP footprint so not HDS compatible..

curious what color temperature Optisolis you enjoy

I just sold my 6500k Optisolis, it was too cool for my preferences.

I have been comparing E21a (also not XP footprint) to 219b

I was not able to tolerate the ring between the hotspot and spill, in this 3500k E21a beam, even though I really liked the color rendering, color temperature, and tint.
VKpbgP6l.png

so I changed it to this 219b 3000k 9080:
92QfSeql.jpg

I am much happier with the quality of the beam from the 219b 3000k 9080, and I love the color and tint, recommended, for those that want a Warm High CRI LED.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter

E21 needs to go higher into reflector (few 0.something mm) than other emitters to eliminate hotspot/corona issue.
Other than that they have output similar to XPG2 or even XPG3 at the same current, tight beam and hi cri.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

E21 needs to go higher into reflector

I agree. The phosphor base of the E21a is 0.5mm lower than a 219b.

Here is a visual of three of the 219b being offered for the Beryllium...
al8gwI1l.jpg

I would pick the Warmest, 3000k. Just gorgeous, juicy, nichia goodness!

the 3000k is a D180 bin, not the brightest, but for the purposes of a Warm LED, I dont think high modes are that important. I seldom use more than 100 lumens at indoor distances.

Last edited:

Johnnyh

Enlightened

For those interested in possible emitter choices for the BeCu.....Just got in a Frelux Synergy 2 which a has a Samsung LH351D 5K 92CRI in it. I know Hogo mentioned a "5k Samsung High CRI" earlier in the thread that will undergo testing by Henry and I'm not sure if it's this same LED...but anyways...to me, this one is extremely close to the 219C 5k in my 3 O'Clock HDS. Save for different beam shapes due to the reflector depths, I'm hard pressed to tell the difference. Of course, there may be no correlation to the one in the Frelux and the one installed/calibrated in an HDS but it might give a hint as to what can be expected from the Samsung. I wonder if the Samsung will be more efficient or have better throw? We'll see.....All of these may mean nothing but I'm just bored so here's some pics.

HDS 3 O'clock LEFT Frelux Synergy 2 LH351D 5k RIGHT
lErhW37.jpg

HDS 3 O'Clock Lights a nesting doll.
QeSuptI.jpg

Synergy 5k Samsung lights a nesting doll.
QYLcOAu.jpg

Stoneking

Enlightened

I was also wondering the same about Synergy 2.
The Samsung LH351D should be closer to the High Noon I believe.

Johnnyh

Enlightened

I was also wondering the same about Synergy 2.
The Samsung LH351D should be closer to the High Noon I believe.

Yes, I would imagine the 5700k LH351D would be very similar to the High Noon, seeing how close this 5000k is to the 3 O'Clock. If they can beat the 219c in efficiency and/or brightness then even better!

d13avo

Enlightened

Just curious what are peoples thoughts to what emitter their going to choose for this anniversary BeCu Rotary or is it to early to ask?

Johnnyh

Enlightened

Too early for me, Hogo is looking at different stuff that may come out later...personally it’ll be hard for me not to chose the SW40 but who knows what might be possible!

d13avo

Enlightened

This is exactly where I'm at the moment unless things change. I am undecided between the Nichia 219B 4000K & 4500K. I have the SW40 in my Bronze and the SW45 in my Titanium and keep looking at them both to see which one I would prefer in the BeCu. I always liked the SW45 until I chose the SW40 for my Bronze. Not sure if they make one but perhaps I might like a SW50 more.

Too early for me, Hogo is looking at different stuff that may come out later...personally it’ll be hard for me not to chose the SW40 but who knows what might be possible!

SW45 for me, hopefully.

Last edited:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

My BeCu will get a NB30, since my bronze is NB40, my brass is NB35 and Titanium is NB45... I love the warm HCRI options a lot. Unfortunately there were not a lot Options Below 3500K in the psst, only the NC27 and NC30, and both are great!

d13avo

Enlightened

I contemplated this 219B 3000K emitter also for the BeCu especially as it's going to be that warm copper coloured light. My Brass is 219B 3500K, Bronze 219B 4000K and Titanium 219B 4500K also but I prefer the 4500K/5000K colour temperature.

My BeCu will get a NB30, since my bronze is NB40, my brass is NB35 and Titanium is NB45... I love the warm HCRI options a lot. Unfortunately there were not a lot Options Below 3500K in the psst, only the NC27 and NC30, and both are great!

Latest posts