Best coin cell key chain lights?

passive101

Enlightened
What are the best coin cell key chain lights right now? What are the best options out there right now?

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
]the MBI Core Ti(designed from the ground up by one of the members here)

The Photon Freedom and the like
A lot of people will suggest the same.

Links removed as per the banner at the top of the page - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

passive101

Enlightened
The Photon Freedom looks like a nice one. The MBI Core is way to expensive.

What type of LED is in the Photon Freedom. Is it running a modern LED or are their some that give off more light with the same batteries?

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still like the Photon Freedom as the best coin cell light.

The PF may be had in many useful colors. My cyan PF is my most often switched on light.

The PF may easily be de-powered by substituting 1 cr2032 for the 2 stock cr2016s that come with it. I've used de-powered cyan PFs for years and years for tasks when I'm most dark adapted. Runtime on a cyan PF powered by a cr2032 is around 24x12 hours. Really.

It is available with a Covert Nose.

The PF has a great UI.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are their any beam comparisons without and with the covert nose?
I've never seen one but there's quite a difference. Like any light with an LED that projects from the body the original PF blows light almost everywhere. Any light you use where you can't help but look at the LED while you use it will be worthless for preserving dark adapted vision. In addition, exposed LEDs reveal your exact position to all, if that is of any import in the task you must perform.

BarreryJunction has PFs in many colors for ~$10 for the full retail pack with all the accessories that everyone else sells for twice as much. Covert Nose is an option they only charge an extra $1.50 for. Well worth it for me.

Noctiluco

Newly Enlightened
Photom Freedom: Quality, performance, not blue light. It's on my urban keychain.

airpain

Newly Enlightened
LRI PRK Photon II LED Keychain Micro-Light, Red Beam works really well in the night. The Green beam version is a bit brighter. Only trouble I've had is the lock position can be hard to switch into place if you haven't done it in a while. Removal of the batteries is straight forward by unscrewing 4 tiny screws in the back. It uses 2 CR2016 batteries, easily found in stores.