Best. Flashlight. EVER!

amspratt

Newly Enlightened
As far as I can tell there isn't already a thread on this, so here goes. Based solely on whatever criteria you consider important, what is the Best Flashlight Ever?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Noctigon Meteor M43Vn XP-L pdtc.

Because it has the best power to size ratio.

Because it is near the upper end of the scale of the most powerful flashlight that can be edced.

Because it has enduring cachet.

I can not fathom how any flashoholic can not have one.

markr6

Flashaholic
I think we've done this in the past, and some lights mentioned by others made me thing "what? no way!"

It's just impossible to say. The M43 mentioned above is a good example. That is something I simply do not want. richbuff does a fine job selling it based on specs and overall appeal, but best for me is something lighter, smaller, cooler-running, and less batteries. But not to be confused with "favorite"

But it's still fun to see the responses and how many similar lights are mentioned :)

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think we've done this in the past, and some lights mentioned by others made me thing "what? no way!"

It's just impossible to say. The M43 mentioned above is a good example. That is something I simply do not want. richbuff does a fine job selling it based on specs and overall appeal, but best for me is something lighter, smaller, cooler-running, and less batteries. But not to be confused with "favorite"

But it's still fun to see the responses and how many similar lights are mentioned :)

True

Guess what fits my needs in the best size to function ratio may be the Zebralight S62w.

amspratt

Newly Enlightened

That's what I think is so fun about it! It's great to see the diverse qualities different people look for in a light. I personally favor the zL SC52 these days, because it's small, bright, has great runtimes, and works on common cells. But other people love other things, and that's fun.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't this like asking what is the best tool ever?

Is it a wrench, a screw driver, a hammer, or something else?

The answer, of course, depends on the job.

On the other hand, one might argue that a hammer is the best tool ever. If the other tools aren't working, you should try a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, it's not like asking that question, because it's asking about one specific type of tool.

Are you sure?

Is your favorite penlight is the best tool for search and rescue? Is your favorite thrower the best light to use for general purpose?

Flashlights are tools. Just like wrenches, screw drivers, and hammers, there are all sorts of specialized versions. One size does not fit all.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since there are so many, going with a type. P60 host, any of them. Assorted battery type hosts. Can do just about anything. Extenders for longer run time or more power. Any tint or brightness from sub lumen to thousands of lumen. Can be IR and UV or even more than one color. Can be a lantern, a thrower or something in between. Plain and cheap or fully customized jewelry.

Me+Light=Addiction

Enlightened
Are you sure?

Is your favorite penlight is the best tool for search and rescue? Is your favorite thrower the best light to use for general purpose?

Flashlights are tools. Just like wrenches, screw drivers, and hammers, there are all sorts of specialized versions. One size does not fit all.

You don't need to overthink everything. One can have a favorite car, one can have a favorite drink or meal, a favorite whatever. Even though it may not be the best light for every situation, one can still have a favorite light for whatever reason.

On-Topic: My favorite light is my HDS Tactical 325 :) Always on me wherever I go.

scout24

Flashaholic
I'm sure. There are dozens of different types of screwdrivers, wrenches, and even hammers! I also agree that a bigger hammer is sometimes the answer. :laughing: Let's keep it light, folks. (Pun intended.) Could be a fun thread...

Are you sure?

Treeguy

Enlightened
Rayovac Indestructable 2xAA :nana:

$20
Two modes that make sense
Good runtime
Momentary rear clicky
Complete ease of use
Easy to obtain batteries
Will survive a furious beating, then another, then two more, and still works
Did I mention it was $20?

rayovacflashlightnodiy2aab2_10258555.jpg

scout24

Flashaholic
Treeguy- Don't forget to mention, it's also coincidentally a P60 host... :) In addition to being good on it's own merits!