Best flashlight for firefighter helmet mount???

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
LED like that don't exist. Get a SF.
I had an E1 on my helmet for a year, just upgraded to 6PN. E1 is as bright as a 3D Maglite, 90 min runtime, and waterproof to few feet.

fd0f3d75.jpg

fcfaab1c.jpg

fcfaaae4.jpg

fcbf43a4.jpg

E1 vs 3D Mag
fcd3135a.jpg

fcd313fe.jpg

You can get an upgraded version of E1, E1e HERE , just call, ask for Dan, and ask for FD discount. It should be under $60.

p.s. It can take 250 for as long as a 4500 bottle lasts, 750 for about 5 min. After that lens melts(on E1, E1e doesn't), and cells shut off.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never noticed Firefighter lights until recently, and I can't think of one FF in the city I work in that has a helmet clamp...What I see alot of are those 90 degree angled head flashlights, I think Pelican makes one called the "Big Ed."

Also see alot of handhelds, mainly industrial looking pieces. No Mags, SF's....

--dan

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Couse most helmet lights suck. Too weak, too big.

BTW:
fcdc4b93.jpg

My work lights. Plus M6.

Most guys use this:

20021119104117_Photo2.jpg

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
What does Tigerlight has to do with anything?
confused.gif

BTW, FC is me too.

F

firefighterdave

I'm a firefighter and need a good light to clamp to my helmet so I can work without holding it. I can make a clamp for any flashlight, so that's not a problem. I preferably want a LED, since it will be on for hours at a time. Also, waterproof is a must. It needs to be VERY bright to pierce light smoke, dust, etc. If anyone can suggest a good LED or other flashlight that I can buy for under $60 for this use I would be much obliged!

Thanks!
Dave
confused.gif

Latest posts