Best Flashlights from China

jezdec

Newly Enlightened
I like 4Sevens, Fenix, Thrunite....they are all very good lights. I use 4Sevens and Fenix all the time
and they have never left me in the dark.
I think that there are many hi-end CHINA lights, which you can get for normal price, and
I also think that there are many USA, French, German,....lights that are also very good, but too expensive....

HaileStorm

Enlightened
The foursevens quark123 is on my wish list. Foursevens have nice lights although I can't understand why they can't stick with 18650s. They had to go with the 26650/25650 route which seems to me like they're trying to rake in all the cash they can get from their consumers... Correct me if I'm wrong but these battery sizes are proprietary sizes of foursevens, right?

They're like Sony with memory stick duos which made people who invested in their cards stick to the brand. Well, at least now their devices accept SD cards and I'm drifting ot already, hehe!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
The foursevens quark123 is on my wish list. Foursevens have nice lights although I can't understand why they can't stick with 18650s. They had to go with the 26650/25650 route which seems to me like they're trying to rake in all the cash they can get from their consumers... Correct me if I'm wrong but these battery sizes are proprietary sizes of foursevens, right?

They're like Sony with memory stick duos which made people who invested in their cards stick to the brand. Well, at least now their devices accept SD cards and I'm drifting ot already, hehe!

less about proprietary more about 4000Mah capacity.

They dont gouge you on price for the cells so I think they just use em because they are better.

yliu

Enlightened
Fenix, Olight, Sunwayman.

Although the other brands are just as good in terms of quality and performance.

HaileStorm

Enlightened

I stand corrected. Always thought 26650s were produced only by foursevens but I guess you learn something new everyday, hehe!

On a sidenote, though, they still aren't as easy to find as 18650s so I don't think I'll be getting their maelstrom series which sucks since the features of the maelstroms are very attractive.

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
You really only have to buy them once. whats the problem?

I stand corrected. Always thought 26650s were produced only by foursevens but I guess you learn something new everyday, hehe!

On a sidenote, though, they still aren't as easy to find as 18650s so I don't think I'll be getting their maelstrom series which sucks since the features of the maelstroms are very attractive.

HaileStorm

Enlightened
You really only have to buy them once. whats the problem?

Buy the rechargeables once? There's a big problem there. I intend to purchase more batteries in case one breaks down and those aren't as widely available as 18650s in my area.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buy the rechargeables once? There's a big problem there. I intend to purchase more batteries in case one breaks down and those aren't as widely available as 18650s in my area.

Another advantage of lights that take 18650's is that they usually will run on CR123 primaries also.

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast

You completely missed what I meant. Im saying they are REchargable, so buy your set up and you dont need to buy more like you would with primary cells when theyre used up.
or be content with the smaller 18650 cell.

Newly Enlightened
The four sevens detractors.. hahaha.

Bought 3 for myself and family with 2 more on the way. Have had first lot over a year without any problems from either of them, been freediving, out and about, caving, exploring, dropped, sand, salt all the worst... but managed to loose my G5 and my swissy on new years >_>

Only failure was the malestrom g5 holster ripping, but that could be due to me catching it on trees and rocks. Internally they have acceptable build quality, reasonable soldering and the cases are tough. For the quality, price, moonlight and functionality I can't beat them. I do see lack of new models though too.

But lets face it, led tech only gets about 15-20% per year usually.

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've owned about every brand out there. 4Sevens is nothing special, plus they take forever to get a new design out the door. By the time it's shipping it's already behind the curve. JetBeams have always been pretty on the outside, and full of bugs and problems on the inside. Not to mention I have found them to be un-ethical in Warranty issues. I am currently most impressed by the product lines of Thrunite, Sunwayman, and Zebralight. They are simply the highest quality builds out there. They are also the absolute cutting edge in innovation and concept.

Last edited:

interloper

Newly Enlightened
Of the Chinese companies have any of them been around significantly longer than some others?

Thanks,

James

Obsessed

Newly Enlightened
+1 for Sunwayman. Great customer service, and their lights are awesome performers and they look decent. Hold up well too. I have a friend who has a Fenix and he likes it, but I've never been as attracted to Fenix Lights, although I do love the name. I wonder if they were thinking of Arizona when they named their company? :nana: