Best Single OEM 18650 Thrower

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know a number of people get modded lights, but what are some of the best single OEM 18650 throwers right now?

Drift Monkey

Newly Enlightened
I know a number of people get modded lights, but what are some of the best single OEM 18650 throwers right now?

Scared of modded lights?

Anyway maybe the Predator v3 XPL-HI or M2XS-UT. A pflexpro C8 would smoke 'em both though...as would a custom user-modded C8.

mccraggen

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered myself an olight m23 will be keen to see results of that one.

HaileStorm

Enlightened
I think the Predators are still the best throwers out there. My v2 xpg2 pred still amazes me to this day and ive had it for over 3yrs now.

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
I think the Predators are still the best throwers out there. My v2 xpg2 pred still amazes me to this day and ive had it for over 3yrs now.
I believe the M2X-UT throws a fair bit farther. The trade-off being head size, of course. It has an unusually large head.

See the following table from selfbuilt's review of the M2X-UT:
M2XUT-FL1-Summary1.gif

Last edited:

HaileStorm

Enlightened
I believe the M2X-UT throws a fair bit farther. The trade-off being head size, of course. It has an unusually large head.

See the following table from selfbuilt's review of the M2X-UT:
M2XUT-FL1-Summary1.gif
I stand corrected, goes to show how long I haven't been in the know with 18650 lights [emoji1]

Olight has been putting out amazing products recently. Been leaning more towards edc lights in the past months, my most recent purchase being the S1.

That said, the pred is still my go-to thrower since I only have two and still consider it the best due to build quality and features.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
the Predators are awesome lights I scored a LNIB V2.5 not to long ago and love it. Have the big Javelots and man I cannot even see as far as they throw. Their head size makes it a holster only EDC unless you have some very big pockets.

Wanted to throw in the new ET S200C2 XP-L HI to the mix here. It is no Javelot but it must be the sleeper mid sized thrower of the year. On ET's site they have it down at 53 or 55k CD cannot remember which. My EC4GT has been tested out to 66k CD. I have compared the two side by side a few times and seem to get the same performance out of both with the ET besting the GT's beam profile width to boot. The ET is cheap, simple as a hammer with only 3 modes and very well made. Does not come with the cool rubber end piece that makes it tail stand like the G25C's etc had to buy one separately. Does not even come with a holster or lanyard which I found strange. Bought a Xeno holster for it fits perfect. This ET devours my much more expensive 3 V3 Pred Pros when it comes to throw.