Best Surefire Scout upgrade?

Iron Duke

Iron Duke

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for the longest throw I can get by modifying an older Surefire M600 Scout light. A few years ago this light was upgraded with a KX2c 200 lumen head. I still have the original head around somewhere too. Specific head change and/or specific drop in, whatever converts it to at least what we see in the newer 500 lumen Ultra Scout or 600 Lumen Fury Scout. I own a Ultra Scout already. I'm not particularly concerned about run time, more interested in throw. I ordered some Dereelight stuff primarily trying t find a long throw Red LED light and tossed a P60 XP-G2 drop in for this old Scout ... but I suspect there's more to be had out of it than the

Thanks for the advice.

880arm

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're wanting the same performance as the Ultra Scout, then you can just buy the KE2-A head which is a direct replacement for the KX2C. Unfortunately it's expensive at around $200 retail.

Iron Duke

Iron Duke

Newly Enlightened
If you're wanting the same performance as the Ultra Scout, then you can just buy the KE2-A head which is a direct replacement for the KX2C. Unfortunately it's expensive at around $200 retail.
Yeah ... I'm trying to avoid the $$$ Surefire answer. The platform cost an arm & leg years back, then something like $140.00 for the KX2c upgrade a few years ago. I have a hard time swallowing seeing about $700.00 staring back at me when I look at this light ... LOL An aftermarket hot-rod job I could live with.

880arm

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might pay a visit to Tana's thread over in the Custom/Modified section. He might be able to offer you a suggestion for how he could modify either your KX2C head or the original Scout head.