Best throw single 18650 LED flashlight?

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as I know (and I'm not an expert :laughing:) the farthest throwing 18650-light (you might need 2 though) is the solarforce pro-1 head with a fitting body. To make it through really far (over 50000 lux) you would need to mod it with a ucl-lens though.
Here's another review.

I think when comparing this to the tiablo/dereelight aspherics they lose their advantage and don't make much sense anymore since the aspheric-lenses cause a lot of light-loss.

Last edited:

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
Thrunite Catapult gets my vote for teh best single 18650 thrower. Even with only one AW 18650 it is a beast and still has sufficient run time for most tasks. Add the extension and throw in another 18650 and it is BRIIIIIIGGGGHHHT!

As U can see on pictures(especially when U watch at the end of tunel) Thrunite Catapult is very bright but has less throw then other listed throwers.

It is good in throw but on larger distances up to 150 meters light would spread more than on another throwers.

Very bright but not farthest thrower.

There are much more excellent thrower to be shown here.

I would like to C them on 150 meter test.

Tiablo A9 aspheric is farthest thrower among ones listed on pictures. Even throws god without coolimator head (should have about 23000 lux 1 meter readings) but with coolimator head (over 60 000 lux 1 meter) is real beast...

But U can not C true power of throwers... Should be tested on larger distances... To bad I don't have professional camera to take pictures

I have tried to take some shots with normal 7,1 mpx camera but no chance...

As far as I know (and I'm not an expert :laughing:) the farthest throwing 18650-light (you might need 2 though) is the solarforce pro-1 head with a fitting body. To make it through really far (over 50000 lux) you would need to mod it with a ucl-lens though.
Here's another review.

I think when comparing this to the tiablo/dereelight aspherics they lose their advantage and don't make much sense anymore since the aspheric-lenses cause a lot of light-loss.

I like when the light is far away from me because it does not mess up my night vision. I don't need blindfull light because it messes my night vision. I think that tiablo/dereelight aspherics have big advantage among other throwers because of that...

I have tried plenty of throwers but if U really want to lid something on great distances (especially if U using scope) U would want that kind of throwers.

If U want something that is blindfull bright up to let say 80 meter than U R not so demanding in throw because U appreciate side spill...

With aspherics U can stay unnoticeable when playing with light (especially when U want to light something among close buildings).

If I would be using thrunite catapult I would wake up my neighbours but with aspheric I fry and stay unnoticeable :)

Last edited:

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone actually taken a lux reading of the Uniquefire HS-802 or done a beam shoot comparison with any of the other (1) 18650 throwers?

It's an impressive light and I'd like to know how it stacks up against the A9, A10 or any of the other throwers.

With a 45mm diameter reflector and deep (don't have measurements) using a XR-E R2 I don't see how they can perform any better. The build quality of this light is pretty impressive as well.

I put a forward clicky in mine and can't see how anything could be much better for a dedicated thrower unless you get into aspherics (especially with pre-collimation lenses).

I've tried a DX aspheric in the HS-802 and I think the reflector does a better job.

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
The build quality of this light is pretty impressive as well.

At first I was thrilled as U with this flashlight but...

This flashlight is good for everyday Use, and build quality is good for that.

For demanding people (hunters, police etc.) This flashlight can not withstand gun recoil...

Switch is very bad, wires are soldered bad... and it is BIG...

- Throws better than tiablo a9 (but not much further).
- It has a lot of side spill with very tight hot spot.
- It is direct driven so U will not have high output more than 10 minutes

Tiablo A9 is better flashlight in every way except throw (but it throws enough with bigger hotspot than unique fire)

I have sold few Uniquefires Hs 802 but I had many problems with it, and I don't want to sell it again because I don't have time and knowledge to repair that all the time...

But with some modding it can be used as a hunting light (other switch, better soldering, better driver and thermal isolation).:party:

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
The D-mini VX with the R2 and the turbo force head is supposed to have the record for non aspheric lights. It is also optimized for a single 18650.

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tiablo A10 is 50,000 lux, not 30,000 lux as someone stated. I have heard the 30,000 number when using the 3-stage switch but can't confirm that. The Masterpiece Pro-1 is a 50,000 lux light with a UCL lens. Both the A10 and Masterpiece Pro-1 require two cells to run regulated. The RRT-1 does 42,000 lux on a single 18650. All those lights have head diameters of 2.2+ inches. As to the question about heads under 1.5 inches....The Lumapower D-mini with Tele-Force reflector should be the winner there. It does 18,000 lux. The king of throw with 18650 is for sure the Lumapower D-mini with the Turbo-Force head. It does upwards of 57,000 lux. I don't have an exact number since I converted all my Lumapower pills to 1.4 Amp drivers prior to aquiring a CA813 light meter for accurate number. My Turbo-Force with EZ900 pill and 1.4 Amp driver does 103,000 lux. The D-mini's are really impressive throwers for their size. Some light modding will yied 27,000 lux with the Tele-force reflector kit. And do it with a single 16340 at that.

If anyone is not familiar with Lumapower....Turbo-Force is a 2.7" diameter reflector head to fit D-mini. Tele-Force is a deeper reflector kit that fits the D-mini with no change in head diameter. (1.47")

Last edited:

h22

Newly Enlightened
Tiablo A10 is 50,000 lux, not 30,000 lux as someone stated. I have heard the 30,000 number when using the 3-stage switch but can't confirm that. The Masterpiece Pro-1 is a 50,000 lux light with a UCL lens. Both the A10 and Masterpiece Pro-1 require two cells to run regulated. The RRT-1 does 42,000 lux on a single 18650. All those lights have head diameters of 2.2+ inches. As to the question about heads under 1.5 inches....The Lumapower D-mini with Tele-Force reflector should be the winner there. It does 18,000 lux. The king of throw with 18650 is for sure the Lumapower D-mini with the Turbo-Force head. It does upwards of 57,000 lux. I don't have an exact number since I converted all my Lumapower pills to 1.4 Amp drivers prior to aquiring a CA813 light meter for accurate number. My Turbo-Force with EZ900 pill and 1.4 Amp driver does 103,000 lux. The D-mini's are really impressive throwers for their size. Some light modding will yied 27,000 lux with the Tele-force reflector kit. And do it with a single 16340 at that.

If anyone is not familiar with Lumapower....Turbo-Force is a 2.7" diameter reflector head to fit D-mini. Tele-Force is a deeper reflector kit that fits the D-mini with no change in head diameter. (1.47")

I was just about to pull the trigger on an RRT-1, thinking i might tinker with it a bit and get the current to the LED up a bit. But the lumapower upgrade to 1.4 amp looks very nice, could you provide some more info for a newb on how to builld one of these little throwers? What is the usable range of your set up?
I go to the lumapower site and al i can see is several versions of the D-mini, but no head of driver options.
Thanks, Joe

Last edited:

bthrel

Newly Enlightened
You're wrong. RRT-1 does not have full regulation on 18650. There is a regulation as long as voltage on battery under load is higher than Vf of LED. As the battery depletes after these values are reached, the brightness decreases. You can check it out in Selfbuilt's review of RRT-2 (both flashlights have the same circuit).

I just re-read the review and if I understand selfbuilts statement decrease in brightness happens with both batteries

quote from Selfbuilts review "I like the fact that the RRT-2 takes all possible battery configurations (i.e. 2xCR123A, 2xRCR, 1x18650). And with consistent output levels and regulated runtime patterns on each battery source. :thumbsup: Dedicated 18650-only lights may be capable of a bit more output, but you loose the flexibility to use primaries in a pinch."

Anyway, I love my RRT-1 and 2 and find the RRT-1 to be a fantastic single 18650 thrower.

Cheers

Brian

utlgoa

Enlightened
The New Led Lenser M7R because......

The M7R combines the incredible brightness and compact size of the best selling P7 with added features and the convenience of a rechargeable battery. The M7R produces up to 220 lumens of focusable light, includes a strobing mode, and features the upgraded Advanced Focus System that allows users to lock in their preferred spot of focus beam. The unique magnetic recharging system is easy to use with or without the included wall mount.

* 837 ft max beam distance
* Lumen output -- Max 220, High 180, Low 30
* Runtime -- High 12 hrs, Low 20.5 hrs
* 1 ICR18650 LI-ION battery
* 6 in length
* Advanced Focus System
* Speed focus
* Magnetic recharging system
* Microcontroller switch system

Test LedLenser M7R now?

Last edited:

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just about to pull the trigger on an RRT-1, thinking i might tinker with it a bit and get the current to the LED up a bit. But the lumapower upgrade to 1.4 amp looks very nice, could you provide some more info for a newb on how to builld one of these little throwers? What is the usable range of your set up?
I go to the lumapower site and al i can see is several versions of the D-mini, but no head of driver options.
Thanks, Joe

Just purchase a D-Mini VX with R2 LED, and get the Turbo-Force head for it. That will out-throw any other flashlight other than the monster $400 SR-90. If you want pocketable then get the Tele-Force reflector kit for it. 1.4 Amps is not available from Lumapower. I was just saying that with some home modding it can do over 27,000 lux with the small pocket sized 1.5" diameter standard head. Mine does 103,000 lux with the modded R2 pill and Turbo-Force head. My Tele-force, R2, 1.4 Amp pill delivers good light to about 250-300 meters. It will light up medium colored houses on a dark night to 550 meters or more. (Thats the longest target I have around here to try out)

Last edited:

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
Just purchase a D-Mini VX with R2 LED, and get the Turbo-Force head for it. That will out-throw any other flashlight other than the monster $400 SR-90. If you want pocketable then get the Tele-Force reflector kit for it. 1.4 Amps is not available from Lumapower. I was just saying that with some home modding it can do over 27,000 lux with the small pocket sized 1.5" diameter standard head. Mine does 103,000 lux with the modded R2 pill and Turbo-Force head. My Tele-force, R2, 1.4 Amp pill delivers good light to about 250-300 meters. It will light up medium colored houses on a dark night to 550 meters or more. (Thats the longest target I have around here to try out)

U mean stock model or modded one U have ?

Will this outthrow Tiablo A9 Q5 with aspherical lenses or Tiablo A10? (I am talking about stock models with no modding)

If it can come near to them I am going to order it.

Looking for your answer.

utlgoa

Enlightened
That would be the new Coast/Led Lenser M7R.

The M7R Rechargeable LED flashlight has Coast's innovative magnetic charging system that charges the included 18650 lithium ion battery while inside of the flashlight. The charging cord magnetically attaches to the tail switch of the Coast M7R LED flashlight. The Coast M7R flashlight can be charged through your computer using the USB* plug or from any AC wall outlet using the included AC (120V) adaptor plug. The charging status indicator will turn green when charging is complete.

The Coast M7R LED flashlight has a total of 3 brightness levels with up to 220 lumens maximum (shines a beam up to 837 ft). The Speed Focus system on the M7R allows you to adjust from spot to flood beam and to lock-in the desired focus by twisting the head of the flashlight.

Features of Coast M7R LED Lenser Rechargeable Flashlight:
• 3 brightness levels:
Max - 220 lumens, shines up to 837 ft or 255m (press & hold switch for Max)
High - 180 lumens, shines up to 771 ft, runs for up to 12 hours
Low - 30 lumens, shines up to 328 ft, runs for up to 20.5 hours
• 3 lighting programs (from off, press switch 4 times rapidly then click on to change program mode)
1. Professional - 100% power, low, flashing, SOS, strobe
2. Easy - 100% power, low
3. Tactical - 100% power, strobe
• charging indicator
steady red - charging
steady green - charging is complete
flashing red - error (wrong position in charging station)
flashing green - determining the state of the battery (takes up to 5 minutes)