Best Value LED Lights....

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which of the lights you have purchased do you consider the best value?

On CPF Marketplace, you often see adverts such as: 'Shelf queen, has been turned on to check function and then put on shelf/back into box.'

- To me, a light that is shelved and never used is not good value - even if it only cost $20.00. Collectors do store lights unused to keep them prestine - that's fine, but eventually some of these lights end up for sale. If a light cost you say $200.00 and was effectively never used, have you got good value from this light?

One exception I should add would be emergency lights that only see use rarely - you hope!

Lights I have got excellent value from are my 6P's (used every day) & my Novatac (EDC). Unfortunately, my light collection is rather small so thus, my lights do see a lot of use individually.

What are your thoughts?:popcorn:

James....

Last edited:

stefanj

Newly Enlightened
I'm still new... but so far my best value light purchase has been my Romisen RC-N3. It is my current EDC and does not see a ton of actual use, but when I needed it most (power failure) it work flawlessly!! I love cheap bright lights and will eventually own a Surefire (I'm saving my Cabelas credit card bonus points for one) but for now 'm having a blast with my cheap chinese light (FWIW I did order a custome PEAK for astronomy use)

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still new... but so far my best value light purchase has been my Romisen RC-N3. It is my current EDC and does not see a ton of actual use, but when I needed it most (power failure) it work flawlessly!! I love cheap bright lights and will eventually own a Surefire (I'm saving my Cabelas credit card bonus points for one) but for now 'm having a blast with my cheap chinese light (FWIW I did order a custome PEAK for astronomy use)
Thanks for your response. It is a great feeling when a light that didn't cost you much performs way beyond it's price range!!

James...

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
fenix tk11.. great for winter light.. has been on my jackets chest pocket for 2 months now.. used every day. recharged twice. (yeah not a heavy user on lights.. but i do want it to be ready to run a long time if neccessary.. longest constant on so far 4 hours.)

its a bit too heavy for summer so im looking for small best bang for buck flashlight to edc then.

a light that suprised me with great value: ultrafire a1 5mode light from dx.
-i kept using it off and on for few weeks and then tried to run down its battery during the evening.. constant max power ..9 hours later it still was brighter in max mode than low setting with new battery. still usable indoor walking light in darkness.

now its loaned to my friend traveling in thailand. after that it goes to my glovebox. (or sold to him if he wants it :) )

best value so far even its not a led:
from the old days, UK 4aa was my edc for hmm 8-10 years? (fenix replaced it as edc) it has taken vicious beating and taken swims and it just keeps on burning. (still got 4 of them around somewhere.. car, nightstand, garage)

im suprised if products made/designed today last for 5 years of edc without looking 5years old. scratches dings clickys lenses o-rings etc.. (my uk´s have their original switches, have only replaced 1 bulb and few o-rings)

p1fiend

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight Microstream...

It's the most CONVENIENT light I have ever owned.

- Best clip ever: It's been clipped to my left front pocket since the day I got it and has never come loose.

- Because of this clip it's always there and ready for use. The small, slim size and the perfect height of the clip make me forget that it's even there.

- Forward clicky! What other light this small and cheap (in $$$) have a forward clicky?

- Because of the forward clicky, and one simple output, it's also the easiest light to use since you have no options!

- The amount of light, while less than a LOD, is always enough, and the little sucker can throw too!

- Finally, SL has a great warranty. My first SL had a flicker problem, and even though I split the head by boiling it, they sent me a brand new Microstream in package after I sent the old one to them ( for $1.50 US mail)!

Best bang for your buck cause it's so convenient to utilize and every feature of the light is usefull.:twothumbs

Raymond33

Newly Enlightened
That is easy for me. I have used the Fenix LD10 as my EDC ever since I got it. I really like the ui, and the way that our old AAs that no longer worked at all in our other mini still provide useful light in the LD10. With a diffuser, it makes a very nice candle. It is just plain functional, handy, quality-made and enjoyable to use.

On the other hand, for general home and auto use, our USA made Streamlight Ultra Stingers, (while not LEDs) deffinitely have had the most use over the past many years. We have 7. one in each car, office, kitchen, bedrooms etc, and have given many away over the years. With almost daily use for me, and every day use for my brother on the job as LEO, we have never had a failure of either battery or light. In all that time we have only had to replace one bulb. That is definitely the Best Value for us over all. Can't wait until someone makes a drop in for the Ultrastinger. Wow what a winner that will be.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's really hard to say what my best value light is. The one I use most, by far, is my D10 so I'm *getting* the most value from that (running on GP Recyko LSD).

From another angle, my Surefire 6P wasn't what I'd call expensive, and though I don't use it that much I kind of feel safe having it due to it's solid build and reputation for reliablity. Including the Solarforce R2 it currently has in it, it still adds up to great value IMO. It's the Mr Trustworthy among my lights.

From yet another angle... the Jetbeam III M cost around the same as my Fenix/Olight/Nitecore lights, and I just love to handle and look at this one. It has value beyond it's functionality because it's a work of art.

A quick mention for the E01 too. It's always with me, can concievably go 10 years on a lithium, well built and plenty bright enough for it's intended uses. Good value in so many ways!

Sorry, I can't pick the 'best'. :D

(I haven't mentioned my recently bought E1L because I paid a LOT for it. While I would buy it all over again, it's hard to class it as 'great value' at the price. Maybe my feelings on this will change in time).

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmmm . MXDL 5W LED 3xAAA , use it all the time , still on its first set of supper cheap Dry Cells , 16months + .

Also MXDL 1x CR123A Mini Light :thumbsup:

Cheap , can be good , or should that be good enough ! lovecpf

farmer17

Newly Enlightened
Surefire 6P, 42 bucks delivered with batteries from E-bay and R2 LED from DX for $15, and I still have the incan bulb for backup. Some of the best money I ever spent and it does darn near everything I need a flashlight to do,.... and I have pride of ownership with a Surefire.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I'd like to say I only buy best value, but I'd be lying. Usually I try. Currently available lights that qualify, to me, are the Fenix E01, Photon Proton Pro, LiteFlux LF3XT, and maybe the Zebralight H50 and Photon Rex.

Geoff

litework

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to say I only buy best value, but I'd be lying. Usually I try. Currently available lights that qualify, to me, are the Fenix E01, Photon Proton Pro, LiteFlux LF3XT, and maybe the Zebralight H50 and Photon Rex.

Geoff

I have to agree with the LiteFlux LF3XT. It is my current EDC; I favor it over similar lights that cost twice as much.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm rather frugal when it comes to lights, so for me the best value lights would be the Fenix E01, Fenix L0D Q4, Romisen RC-N3 Q5, and the Gerber Infinity Ultra.

All offer a good bang for the buck.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light I use most often is def my LOD. After that, the light I use most often is the cheapo 1xAA I got off of golden gadgets. Then outdoors, I think my E20 is my most used. I don't really have any super fancy lights though.

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
I consider my best value LED light to be my Dorcy K2 Luxeon 4C LED spotlight, which I got for only $30. It has a laser like beam and is the longest throwing LED light of any kind that I have ever held. As far as LED flashlights go it would have to be my Dorcy 220 lumen rechargeable and Husky 2D 4 watt.;)

fishx65

Enlightened
My 4aa seoul modded Propolys have been the best value and most used lights I've ever had. $25.00 for the lights and $6.00 for the Seouls. These lights are old but they still ROCK! Would be nice to see some new lights using 4aa's.

vb14

Newly Enlightened
My Ti Aeon hands down. It's with me almost 24x7 on my neck. Check this out to see how the Aeon saved the day just a few nights ago ;).

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ones that come to mind are my Photon Freedom, Pak-Lite Super with glow top, and Surefire L4, because they get used pretty much every day.

sims2k

Enlightened
The little AA light I got from DX a year ago....RC-A3 ...it keeps going after being dropped so many times...still shining...small enough for my pocket.

carrot

Flashaholic
I am getting great value out of my McLuxes. The first one I carried for 3 years before retiring it from EDC (I still attach it to my bike for night runs though) and the new one I plan to carry for a very long time.