Beta QRv2 Titanium

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shout out to Jason and the team at Prometheus Lights, they have put together one of the finest 1xAAA lights I have seen to date, the Beta QRv2 in Titanium, machined in California. Not only is this light fantastically well machined with an excellent driver/emitter pairing, but it has an excellent pocket clip option which is the best available in this size range.
Like the previous iterations of the Beta, this version uses a high CRI 219 series emitter, a 4000K 219C in this case, with a very clean, neutral tint, and excellent color. This version uses a well balanced 3-mode driver.

Functionally, there are two things that make this one of the finest 1xAAA I am aware of, first it uses a twisty interface which is very reliable, and very importantly with the use of titanium it has very well cut threads so that the action is very smooth, something many of the other production titanium lights fall painfully short in. The second thing is the pocket clip option, while the light comes with the quick release attachment installed, a pocket clip option is also available which is the best clip around for a small light and it pops into the QR socket in the rear securely and provides excellent retention and very deep carry. Most small lights either have no clip or have a clip so poor as to be useless when it breaks at the first use or pops off, here the Beta's excellent pocket clip option is a clear winner.

Machining, externally the Ti Beta is immaculately well cut with only a few minor irregularities in the small flutes which require close inspection to notice and don't impact the aesthetics or function. The faces of the light and the OD are all finely finished. Internally the Ti Beta has excellently cut threads which is a tricky thing in titanium at this small size. The bore has some very slight chatter at the end of the bore but remains smooth and the majority of the bore is super smooth.

Kz1Cu3W.jpg
QnFfw9S.jpg
6drFQ1J.jpg
6kwl7GX.jpg
wyiz4fA.jpg
txpzjB9.jpg

Last edited:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for that.
I've got one of the 2 mode black Betas coming over in a while.
I'm looking forward to it, shame it's going to a friend.
P

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
Thanks for the overview, that's a solid looking little light for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice write-up. Thanks for sharing your findings and thoughts. Did you purchase any Munky Spunk for Ti. thread maintenance?

Never heard or used that stuff. Nothing fixes bad threads though, so thankfully these are fantastic given the size and titanium and I have no issues.

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
I think he might be right Chauncey, nothing fixes bad threads. What I gather that you are saying however, is that a person can make bad threads smooth and good threads even smoother with a dab of spunk ;-)

I think he might be right Chauncey, nothing fixes bad threads. What I gather that you are saying however, is that a person can make bad threads smooth and good threads even smoother with a dab of spunk ;-)

Oh, I see what happened. I asked Thetasigma if he purchased some Munky Spunk for Ti. thread maintenance. I didn't pay close enough attention when I read - nothing fixes bad threads and incorrectly assumed he was referring to normal Ti. thread galling . :eek:

alangloi

Newly Enlightened
I signed up for an email alert for these and when I got it I didn't waste anytime putting my order in. The re-stock of Jan 2020 only lasted a few hours at that. I'm sure they will be re-stocked in the near future. If you want one you have got to sign up for that email alert!

Nice lights, very versatile. The 1 lume level is actually useful with dark adapted eyes.

Anyone know what the lens material is? I asked and was told it was glass.

Last edited:

Vemice

Enlightened
Gotta bump this thread. Recently received a Beta Ti with Ti cap. It is my first Prometheus light and I have to say WOW!!!
I have several "high end" lights including a Sapphire. I love titanium and this is probably the nicest, best engineered quality light I have. It, for me, is stunning to look at, fidget with and use. As usual, one of the best designed clip on the market (I have had several of those for my many Peka lights). I didn't realize how quickly these sold out after a run and it took me a few months to get one. Almost gave up but really glad I didn't.
As mentioned in the OP, thanks to Jason and the team for making such a remarkable little light. Goal accomplished; and then some.

T8BarHZl.jpg

OU5sKeql.jpg

Last edited:

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gotta bump this thread. Recently received a Beta Ti with Ti cap. It is my first Prometheus light and I have to say WOW!!!
I have several "high end" lights including a Sapphire. I love titanium and this is probably the nicest, best engineered quality light I have. It, for me, is stunning to look at, fidget with and use. As usual, one of the best designed clip on the market (I have had several of those for my many Peka lights). I didn't realize how quickly these sold out after a run and it took me a few months to get one. Almost gave up but really glad I didn't.
As mentioned in the OP, thanks to Jason and the team for making such a remarkable little light. Goal accomplished; and then some.

I really appreciate and like the stone washed finish on these lights :)
Ultimate perfection of these flashaholic's dream lights makes them worth the wait, Congrats!

Vemice

Enlightened

I really appreciate and like the stone washed finish on these lights :)
Ultimate perfection of these flashaholic's dream lights makes them worth the wait, Congrats!

Thanks. Still can't get over how nice it is.