• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Bezels for HDS and triple flashlight

kevinm

Enlightened
Re: Custom flashlight and bezels for HDS

Absolutely. I'd go with a glass finish on the zirc and a deeper etch on the mokume (tricolor would probably look best). Bronze will patina beautifully with that design.

Trip Miller

Enlightened
Re: Custom flashlight and bezels for HDS

I cannot tell from this thread if you have an HDS Zirc bezel in stock available or if this is just a sign up list? Let me know if this is available as I am interested in one.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast

greatscoot OK :)

update:

There are a couple of pieces of metal, soon there will be 3 lanterns - 2 from this mokume and 1 from zirconium

mokume.jpg

mokume-2.jpg

Rstype

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah it is possible
Been a little while apologies for that.
But I received a little while ago one of the Damascus flashlights sporting triple nichia 219B leds with the H17fx driver.

it's a first for me having A Damascus light and I gotta say it has a wonderful heft to it.
Darker in color like have a stonewashed titanium light but with granulation as if it had a wooden texture.
The patterns on the bezel remind me of a barrel from a revolver. Plenty of crenellations to let the light out with placed face down.

Threads are pretty smooth when putting the bezel to the body of the light. Takes a 18350 cell. And uses a mcclicky switch which is held by a retaining ring.

I feel honored to have one of these and give many thanks to desert snake.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been a little while apologies for that.
But I received a little while ago one of the Damascus flashlights sporting triple nichia 219B leds with the H17fx driver.

it's a first for me having A Damascus light and I gotta say it has a wonderful heft to it.
Darker in color like have a stonewashed titanium light but with granulation as if it had a wooden texture.
The patterns on the bezel remind me of a barrel from a revolver. Plenty of crenellations to let the light out with placed face down.

Threads are pretty smooth when putting the bezel to the body of the light. Takes a 18350 cell. And uses a mcclicky switch which is held by a retaining ring.

I feel honored to have one of these and give many thanks to desert snake.
Thank you very much for the kind words, I'm glad you liked it))

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
upd - done 5, 1 copper left for USA (with oval holes)

and are 3 more copper pills

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20220414_171551.jpg
    IMG_20220414_171551.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Zirc Copper Mokume (1).jpg