• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Bi Pin Socket for MN lamp assembly (4th Run)

Status
Not open for further replies.

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received both of mine yesterday as well.

Another great product by FM, thanks.:thumbsup:

tonykwasser

Newly Enlightened
Just want to thank FM for high quality, prompt delivery and professional conduct.

Thanks! :wave:

Tony

Tim W

Enlightened
Focus problems

Quick Question:

HOW do you get a decent beam focus?:confused::shrug:

I've tried it with the bulb inserted fully, 1/2 way in, and in just far enough for the set screw to secure it.

No matter what I seem to either end up with a donut in the middle, or basically a flood pattern.:(

Thanks for the help,
Tim

Edwood

Enlightened
Re: Focus problems

I noticed my 3rd Run BiPin Socket has deeper holes than my 4th Run ones.

It's just barely enough to properly seat a WA1185 for me.
Push firmly but carefully.

-Ed

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carefully pushed the 1185 in as far as it would go and then added one washer shim to make it sit a little further down. My sockets came with two washers.

Nite

Enlightened
Package arrival thanks!

Now to buy some more bulbs

suggestions?

something better and brighter, somehow, than a FM1794 (but in a Turbohead config)

Thanks again FM!
lovecpf

:knight:

Tim W

Enlightened
Re: Focus problems

... 3rd Run BiPin Socket has deeper holes than my 4th Run ones.

It's just barely enough to properly seat a WA1185 for me.
Push firmly but carefully.
Should the bulb be FULLY seated as far in as possible?:thinking:

I don't have any problem inserting the bulb so that the little glass tit on the bottom of it seats in the recess in the socket.:eek:

When fully seated, the overall assembly is quite obviously much shorter than my LF HO-M6R bulb.:cool:

It seems to me that puts the filament height too LOW, as it gives a very noticeable donut in the beam and adding shim(s) just makes it worse.:whistle:

I finally got a decent beam by leaving the bottom of the bulb maybe 3/32" up off the socket.:party:

Thanks,
Tim

citpeks2000

Newly Enlightened
PayPal sent for #56 Bi Pin Socket for MN lamp assembly (4th Run) $48 plus $3 dollar shipping to CA.

theGooch

Newly Enlightened
:paypal:by theGooch

(Transaction ID: 921474233G536640B)

1 x MN socket #57 - $48
1 x extra soft/short negative spring - $3
domestic shipping - $3

Total: $54

Thanks-

Tim W

Enlightened
Focus problem

I don't have any problem inserting the bulb so that the little glass tit on the bottom of it seats in the recess in the socket.:eek:

When fully seated, the overall assembly is quite obviously much shorter than my LF HO-M6R bulb.:cool:

It seems to me that puts the filament height too LOW, as it gives a very noticeable donut in the beam and adding shim(s) just makes it worse.:whistle:

I finally got a decent beam by leaving the bottom of the bulb maybe 3/32" up off the socket.:party:

Thanks,
Tim

Nobody has an answer?:mecry:

I guess if it isn't a problem, I won't worry about it. Just seems like there would be better heat transfer to the head/body if the actual bulb envelope was in contact with the holder.

Although I noted above that I got a "decent" beam, it is still not focused as well as either my Lumens Factory bulb or a SF MN21.

Thanks,
Tim

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure of what the seating problems are.........most SF and LF MN lamps (for the KT head) are about 22.3 mm from base to the element. I have installed both, the 1111 and 1185 bulbs to the same depth without any issues and no need for the washers supplied. The only tricky part is to centre the element, (not the bulb, as the element is mostly not in the centre of the bulb) this takes a bit of patience. Once this is all done than you have the best beam you are likely to get with these bulbs.

Last edited:

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks,
Tim

These sockets are designed to use with several different type of bulbs and each bulb has different fillament height.
See bulbs picture in this thread.
If you are using WA1185, bulb pins should not be all the way in and no washer needed.
Once you find the correct fillament height, hold the removed head aimed to your face and twist the socket inside reflector to make sure bulb is centered and not wobbling.

Tim W

Enlightened
These sockets are designed to use with several different type of bulbs and each bulb has different fillament height.
See bulbs picture in this thread.
If you are using WA1185, bulb pins should not be all the way in and no washer needed.
Once you find the correct fillament height, hold the removed head aimed to your face and twist the socket inside reflector to make sure bulb is centered and not wobbling.

Thanks,

That is exactly the info I was looking for.

Tim

zehnmm

Enlightened
I just want to chime in and testify to the quality of yet another most excellent FM offering. For my use, I have a KT4 head + Leef 2x18650 body C-M, Leef clickie. Have until now been using the MN15, MN16, and the Lumens Factory HO-M3T with AW's protected 2200 mAh 18650s. Now I can use my stash of WA1274's and WA1111's as well.

Hence, for $15 more than a new MN16 ($33 on the Surefire website) I can put other bulbs in for my light. In my eyes, running the WA1274 in my light yields similar output to the MN16.

Happy camper here.

my_gentle_cry

Newly Enlightened
$48.00 for one socket #59 (Unique Transaction ID 50642053CD3337740)

to be continued for other item + shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.