Binge worthy series

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Season 19 of NCIS interupted Friday Night Lights. Can't call it Gibbs tv anymore since Mark Harmon left the show. His replacement is Gary Cole (too many parts to list but think VP on West Wing). I think the writers did a great job at morphing the guy in. Matter of fact I felt like the people still on the show were so dull and annoying I really wasn't interested in season 19 but..... Gary Cole plays a role that causes me to want to see the next episode.

He plays a former FBI agent who has a good sense of humor, knows everybody so he ends up being a great assest to the team. As a bonus the crimes are more interesting this season too.

Edit: it ended with the type of cliff hanger that caused me to want to see it next season.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Mayor of Kingstown season 1.
So far so good.
A saga about a prison town with a bunch of people you've probably seen on other tv shows but scratch your head wondering where. Another masterpiece by Taylor Sheridan. It's not Yellowstone or Sicario but his style can be seen, if only in the background music.....

One thing though, not good to watch with the pastor in the room or little kids.

Finished watching season 1. I was glad to read there will be a season 2..... here comes the but part.... but if I miss it I won't be but so disappointed. I miss the days when writers let the viewer imagine a certain amount for themselves and did not have so much in your face realism and raunch. The language, and the nudity did not help get the story across one bit in my view, but actually detracted from it. Now I realize that in prison they don't say "golly gee" or "cut it out fella" and strip clubs have naked women. Yet Taylor Sheridan writes a story so well that all that debotchery is not even necessary.

The "bus scene" for example, the viewer could almost smell the stench from all of those dead bodies even though they hardly showed any of the corpses. Between the stained wrappings and the acting one could imagine for themselves the massive stench of an entombed bus full of dead people. Same with Sicario. No filthy language or naked ladies were necessary to make the impact.

I have a lot of friends and family who won't watch Yellowstone for that reason. It's not some holier than thou, prude mentality. It's a thing of preferring to watch a tv show without it being so darn filthy. Anyway, if you can get past all of that it's a great tv show that will probably be popular for as long as they want to keep writing it.

Last edited: