Bitz Ti problem

mknewman

Newly Enlightened
I'm having an issue with my 1 week old Bitz Ti. When I turn it on it goes to high intensity for a second or two and then drops to ultra-low mode. I've tried replacing the battery but get the same results. I've also cycled through the intensities and can see the 3 modes but each time it drops to ultra-low. Is there some magical incantation that will fix my Bitz?

Thanks,
Marc

dooz

Newly Enlightened
Are you able to cycle thru all 4 hidden modes? doesnt sound like a low battery, because the bitz completely shuts off after about 10 sec of a slight step down (not ultra low). Maybe you have a defective driver of something :shrug:

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm having an issue with my 1 week old Bitz Ti. When I turn it on it goes to high intensity for a second or two and then drops to ultra-low mode. I've tried replacing the battery but get the same results. I've also cycled through the intensities and can see the 3 modes but each time it drops to ultra-low. Is there some magical incantation that will fix my Bitz?

Thanks,
Marc

Talk to the man himself, CPFer; HgRyu.
Probably the quickest way to solve your problem... :wave:

mknewman

Newly Enlightened
I've sent him a message but heard nothing back yet. I'm trying to get a RMA also, but they are out of them so I won't get another unfortunately.

Thanks for the UI refrenece, seems to be pretty much what I knew, it just seems to be stuck in the ultra-low mode. It's so low you can barely see the LED on, but it's definately on. Comes on full bright for a second or two, then goes to very low. Once I'm in the special modes it's supposed to go back to the normal modes when I cycle it and it just doesn't.

Dan FO

Enlightened
Have you tried cleaning all the contact areas along with the new battery?

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hm, no 24 hours ago I wrote a mail to The Man himself that I would be interesting in a Bitz Ti and now I read this... :candle:

Well, there's never a warranty against failures with any light, but fortunately you get a warranty to have the failures repaired.

My problem with the Bitz Ti is another one : There is a nice slot in there to install a cute little trit, but there isn't any installed. I could never do this myself, I wouldn't know where to get a trit and when I would have one I couldn't install it, so I asked in my mail if it is possible to get a light with a trit installed!

I got no answer as well, perhaps The Man is on weekend, I can't blame him, I'm too! :D

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sound like a faulty converter. Mine got the same problem after staying a whole night on the ultra-low. HGRYU repaired it.

mknewman

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, that's good to know. I wish I could get him to answer now. Sent PM and email.

By the way, I was at Lighthound today and he had a bunch of them.