• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 'Black Bullet' Aspherical Power Thrower >500KLux Sales Thread

yifu

Enlightened
Previous post edited with some beamshots, note that the light is actually a beautiful neutral colour (dedoming an LED reduces colour temp by as much as 1000K) and within that intensely bright hotspot is nearly 1000 lumens!!! Ma_sha measured his gen 2 Maxabeam at 1.7 million lux so with an XPG2 or XPE2 it will almost be a Maxabeam that fits in your pocket!

The battery carrier is a tad bit cheap feeling but resistance is not compromised as Markus has solder on copper to replace the springs, changing 4 NiMh AA batteries is a little bit of a fuss but as i understand 1 li-on has too low of a voltage to maintain proper regulation with the buck circuit. If you're on the fence about this light, seriously BUY IT!!! It's really that good. Well worth the two month wait but i mean people have been waiting for 5 months with the DEFT-X...

Last edited:

mash.m

Enlightened
@Yifu

thanks for your kind words. i am happy that you satisfied with it. i know it is hard to make beamshots several hundret feets away. i used two tripods, one for my camera and one für the flashlite itself.

@JargonXR
your are in...

nbjly

Enlightened
I got mine today - I'm going to have to find somewhere to test it. I've always shined lights on the hills across from me or down the street. Nothing ever showed much on the hills and I could see reasonably far down the street...and I have some very bright lights, I had a DEFT HO for awhile. This reaches as far as I can see any direction across the hills, up and down the street - as far as I can see in any direction anywhere, and it puts a very large, very bright square spot that has great color rendition. Anything reflective is too bright to look at. Certainly usable as a search light, it throws much, much farther than the DEFT and the spot is incomparably brighter. There is a lot of moonshine tonight and it wasn't fully dark when I took it out.
It barely fit Energizer Rechargables, the body is bored larger than the tail threads so once I got past those they fit fine. The switch has to be pushed twice to turn it on but it cycles through the levels without issue. It gets warm fast but not uncomfortably hot. It didn't look that bright inside the house and I was a bit worried...but this is easily the most impressive LED light I've ever held.

Worth the price, worth the wait - Awesome - Thank You!

It would be great to get a bezel ring like the DEFT and a spare switch would be great, that and a high quality battery holder would make it perfect.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Ma_sha measured his gen 2 Maxabeam at 1.7 million lux so with an XPG2 or XPE2 it will almost be a Maxabeam that fits in your pocket!"

Now let's not get too carried away! :) That same Maxabeam actually scored 2.3 million when measured at 30m. (And a Gen III will top 6 million!)

Maxabeam's are in a whole 'nother league.

rufus001

Enlightened
I actually too them to 2 decimal places of klux. They were as follows: OSTS Fandyfire 2.34 OSTS TN31mb 7.94 Black Bullet 5.61.

Please note I am assuming that this light doesn't need focusing. I'm reluctant to start screwing/unscrewing things unless informed otherwise.

mash.m

Enlightened
Hi,

@jojobos shiped out. Tracking follow via pm this evening.

@rufus, i´m a bit worried about your messurements. i know that the cheap luxmeters are not that accurate, but 50% off to mine messurements? i can´t belive that. i messured all Bullets before shiped out, and all reaches the 500klux without any problems. you can easy refocus by srew/unsrew the head a bit.

markus

rufus001

Enlightened
@rufus, i´m a bit worried about your messurements. i know that the cheap luxmeters are not that accurate, but 50% off to mine messurements? i can´t belive that. i messured all Bullets before shiped out, and all reaches the 500klux without any problems. you can easy refocus by srew/unsrew the head a bit.

markus

There's a saying. When you assume you make an '***' out of 'u' and 'me'. Well I've made an *** of myself by assuming I wouldn't have to focus it. I've made some adjustments and now get 352klux @ 1m. Doh!!! I'll continue to play with the focus.

mash.m

Enlightened
Hi,

the light is optimised for far distances, so if you messure at these near distance you have to refocus it. it is possible that you can´t focus that closely probertly cuase the threads of the head is to short. i always messured at 10 meters distance.

markus

rufus001

Enlightened
Hi,

the light is optimised for far distances, so if you messure at these near distance you have to refocus it. it is possible that you can´t focus that closely probertly cuase the threads of the head is to short. i always messured at 10 meters distance.

markus

It's daylight at the moment so I'll try later over longer distances when it's dark. Plus my eyes aren't too crash hot so my focussing skills aren't necessarily the best! Please note that given the small difference in lux between this and the TNmb31 but the substantial difference in price and I am still more than happy with my purchase. :)

yifu

Enlightened
It's daylight at the moment so I'll try later over longer distances when it's dark. Plus my eyes aren't too crash hot so my focussing skills aren't necessarily the best! Please note that given the small difference in lux between this and the TNmb31 but the substantial difference in price and I am still more than happy with my purchase. :)
Hey rufus, 352K lux is about what i got uncompensated as well, if you read my previous post with the pictures, i got 38.4K lux at just over 3 metres (and with a bit of focusing i've got it now to 43.3K lux) but the thing is cheap lux meters are always calibrated against a very warm light source so it underrates by as much as 25%, what's more is that aspherics collimate at more than 10 metres away so they really should be measured at 20-30m at least.

With that in mind i have no doubt it will reach 500K+ lux at 30 metres and with a properly calibrated lux meter and properly focused (mine is fully focused at half a turn short of fully tightened if that makes sense). The TN31mb probably measured more since it uses a smaller XPG2 LED and the focal point is closer.

Last edited:

rufus001

Enlightened
That makes sense. Because I'm doing it inside I have to focus the light only about 7 meters away. To do this I actually have to unscrew the light about 2 complete turns.

mash.m

Enlightened
New Pictures...

4swf-ov-aeb3.jpg

you can easy read a map in darkness with the glowpowder inside:

4swf-ow-43fe.jpg

new Beamshot. Distance over 800 Meters / 2400 Feets:

4swf-oy-51ef.jpg

4swf-ox-98d6.jpg

Details:

4swf-p1-67d1.jpg

4swf-p2-3524.jpg

As you can see here, it was not dark yet. And in the upper right is not the sun :whistle: it´s the moon. it is a rare spectacle here in Germany cause we have now bad weather since 6 months.
The Pictures Show as i see it with my eyes:

4swf-p0-4b0a.jpg

thanks for looking, markus

Last edited:

mash.m

Enlightened
Hi,

this sales Thread is closed for now. But, there is one special Black Bullet for Sale. This one is the test Bullet that i build for my own. Some Details:

- no plastic wich houses the switch/driver >> pure alu/copper heatsink wich includes the switch
- the heatsink is removable and fixed by one screw
- 20mm sinkpad star is used
- the led is changeable by user by two screws
- glow powder arround the lens
- bored out body
- grind down battery holder
- battery holder with copper mod
- three mode driver with low,med and high

the Black Bullet will be deliverd with two Sinkpad Stars. One with a XM-L2 U2 1C and one with a XP-G2 R5 1A. Both Led´s provide a pure white light. no sign of green!

- The dedomed XM-L2 delivers more then 500klux
- The dedomed XP-G2 delivers more then 700klux

I will make some pictures the next days, so you can also see all the details. Her ist one from the heatsink i done (was not finished yet):

4swf-pb-704a.jpeg

Now the price for all of this work:

$ 349 $

This include all paypal fees, worldwide shipping with tracking an insurance. Also the two sinkpads with a perfect dedomed xml2 and a perfect dedomed xpg2.

Thanks, Markus

JargonGR

Newly Enlightened
Oh well. I was planning to buy a thrower when I bumped on this thread and immediately knew I want this! I am going for the special version and can't wait to get it!

Markus keep up the good work!

Good!

Newly Enlightened
Markus - I really enjoy seeing these private projects. I would so much rather support projects like this than buying a factory mass-production light. I honestly think we owe you a big thank you for bringing projects like this to the flashaholic community. Please notify me on your next project. Thank you!

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, how awesome. 700K lux.

I have seen LED to copper bonding and when Lamdalights started using it he was getting about a 20% increase in total lux with that alone. Then of course you could increase the current for even more lux.

Milky, Saablaster, AaronM, and Lamdalights are all very succesfull at doing LED to Copper bonding. Maybe they can share with you what exactly is involved in that process.

bigC