• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 'Black Bullet' Aspherical Power Thrower >500KLux Sales Thread

mash.m

Enlightened
Hi bigC,

there are some "versions" out of direct coper bonding. If you takle a look at saablusters deft-x :

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/saabluster/media/null_zpsd4efcbf8.jpg.html

you can see a copper star (seems to be a sinkpad) on a heatsink (probably also copper). he talks here from direct copper bonding. this is true, no question. but you can also solder a led direct to the big copper heatsink (the heatsink must have a pedestal). this will be the better version in my opinion, cause you don´t have the transision from the star to the heatsink. but this is really hard to realize, cause the centering from the led is essential.
so, from my side there are no questions about direct copper bonding. this is an absolute MUST DO for all my Black Bullets and my Black Bullet X. Without this it is not possible to overdrive the LED to such high levels with continuous Lux output.

Markus

AmperSand

Enlightened
Hi bigC,

there are some "versions" out of direct coper bonding. If you takle a look at saablusters deft-x :

you can see a copper star (seems to be a sinkpad) on a heatsink (probably also copper). he talks here from direct copper bonding. this is true, no question. but you can also solder a led direct to the big copper heatsink (the heatsink must have a pedestal). this will be the better version in my opinion, cause you don´t have the transision from the star to the heatsink. but this is really hard to realize, cause the centering from the led is essential.
so, from my side there are no questions about direct copper bonding. this is an absolute MUST DO for all my Black Bullets and my Black Bullet X. Without this it is not possible to overdrive the LED to such high levels with continuous Lux output.

Markus

Wow. Is that the waiven collar?
I did something very similar to my aspheric maglites quite a few years ago with the 18mm reflectors from dx.
Slightly bored the opening and was using it so id get less sidespill as I didnt have a bezel that coverered the sides of the lens.

Fresh Light

Enlightened
Hi bigC,

Markus

Lambda calls his new technique NuStar. I have several of this lights with that method.

mash.m

Enlightened
Hi, the last buyer for the special bullet has cancel his order, so this one is available again.
Mailbox cleared...

Markus

Hmmm

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering if you would be willing to share what aspheric lens you used? I made a deft clone a while back and I used the Dx 75mm and the 78mm lenses but I didn't like them.

mash.m

Enlightened
hi,

i testet several lenses. from ebay, dx, a german dealer and kaidomain. the kaidomain lenses are best for me. these are the 78mm lenses. i ordered always 10 and pig out the best 3-5. the rest is used for home installation projects. i know that the quality is often not really good, so you have to test them and sort out the bad ones. some lenses from ebay where really bad. no chance to get sharp die.
the lens in the special bullet was one of the best i ever seen (from these cheap). you can clearly see the dot´s of the Die.

markus

mustang90

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTS: Deft Clone > XM-L2 > 4,2 Ampere >> over 550.000 Lux

My deft was impressive, but this is waay impressive!

Somy Nex

Enlightened
Hi Markus,

Just a quick note to let you know I just got the light this morning. Absolutely beautiful! Can't wait for night to come :twothumbs