Black Bullet X - 1.000.000 Lux/Candela

easilyled

Flashaholic
mash.m, I apologize for not leaving more feedback about my 1,000,000 lux/metre Black Bullet but circumstances haven't permitted me to truly test it yet. :(

The beam looks like a light sabre and is far too powerful for the suburban streets around me. My non-flashaholic friends were amazed that an led-flashlight can project such an intense beam but they were also rather apprehensive about me switching it on!

Hopefully, I'll be able to try it out in an appropriate, open space before long.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
mash.m, I apologize for not leaving more feedback about my 1,000,000 lux/metre Black Bullet but circumstances haven't permitted me to truly test it yet. :(

The beam looks like a light sabre and is far too powerful for the suburban streets around me. My non-flashaholic friends were amazed that an led-flashlight can project such an intense beam but they were also rather apprehensive about me switching it on!

Hopefully, I'll be able to try it out in an appropriate, open space before long.

I think you'll need about a mile line of sight to let it stretch its legs.

:D

Capolini

Banned
Hi i spend some time to build my Black Bullet X. Some Details:

- Trusfire X2 Host
- Cree XP-G² R5
- Sinkpad Copper Star
- PCB-Components AMpere Buck Driver (5.2 Amper out)
- Wavien RLT™ Collar
- 78mm Glass Lens
- 3 x Efest 18650 3400mA/h Cells

I messured 10.500 Lux at 10 Meters distance. That are back calculated to 1 Meter: 1.050.000 Lux/Candella.

This light is only for demonstration how far a single LED light can throw. It is not perfect now, cause the values are fast sinking to 950.000Lux. This is cuase by the thin heatsink. If i have more time i will build a new on out of copper.

Pictures:

4swf-pw-6214.jpg

4swf-px-8b6d.jpg

Details and inside pictures will follow.
sky
Obijuan Kenobe
dave1988
good!
husker
Fresh Light

Thanks for looking, Markus

I want one!! Looks like a giant "Laser"!! I could shine it across the Atlantic all the way to Italy and say hi to my relatives!

Ciao,,, Roberto,,,"Capo di Capo" "KEEP LIGHTING UP THE DARKNESS"

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
markus, I don't see my name on the build list and I posted on #28 that I would like one....Thanks...Robert

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would love one also as posted in #74. Im in no hurry, just trying to get on the build list.
I hope all is going well with these, what a great light you have here.

DogLeg

Newly Enlightened
I just got my Trustfire X2 and a 78mm aspherical lens. I'm very confused. I tried to do a quick install of the aspherical lens just to see how it would work. The 78mm definitely does not fit under the retaining ring; it is too wide. Did I miss something in the instructions? (Yeh, I'm a noob when it comes to building aspherics).

Help and advice appreciated. Anyone?

Last edited:

doceric

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

i am still on hollidays. i will make some more when i am back again...

markus

Hello Markus! I'm interested to purchase this when its available. Can you please send my a private mesage regarding the price so that I can make the funds available. Thanks a lot! :)

5pyral

Newly Enlightened
That's awesome! I would be interested in one of these too. That's a great beam!

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
would there be any gain in output from using an MT-G2 LED?

Without going through all the details that have been covered countless times - no. Its all about surface brightness and the XPG2 at this level reigns supreme.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk