Black Diamond Storm battery time

redrobjem

Newly Enlightened
The battery life of Black Diamond Storm and spot (latest edition) seems little to good to be accurate. For example it says 60h for 250 lumen and 120 h for 90 lumen (Storm). If I compare with other high end flashlight that I have it's amazing. They are one or two years old but anyway. Is the measuring methods very different among different brand or what?

dirkomatic

Newly Enlightened
The way that BD measures it is the total run time if you start out at the 250 lumen setting. I can tell you from experience that if I turn mine on at the 250 lumen level, NiMH batteries last longer than 60 hours... Just not at 250 lumens. That starts to fade after the batteries reach a certain voltage. I can't remember how long that was, but it seems to me it was close to 10 hours.

Eliobell

Newly Enlightened
I have two Black Diamon Storm and I can assure that with 4xAAA eneloop 930 mah or 4xAAA Varta 1000mah, the maximum lumens of 250 is reached only for 20 minutes !! Than the light slowy decreased. Who has wrote the technical specific, for me has drink a pair of glass of wine ..!

Latest posts