• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

BLF GTvn - Sky Lumen's Farthest Thrower

Rasher

Enlightened
Greetings, Vinh!

Is the upgrade path still available? I have the cft90 version you built for me several months ago. I joined this forum a few days ago, nice to see a familiar name here.

(BTW, still loving that light, it gets out a couple of times a week when I'm at the open spaces).

R

star_c_star

Enlightened
Vinh,

For Spec 2, running Turbo for 1-3 minutes forces a step down to 70% power or less, since the circuit overheats.

Is this something where additional heat sinking would help? I suspect it is not as simple as that, or you would have done it.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did the ceiling bounce tests on the blf gt lights.. I used olight sr96vn and mt18vn as a reference. Both lights are measured by TA calibrated tube lights.. here are the results..

blf gt vn 90 only hit 5338 lumen..

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did the ceiling bounce tests on the blf gt lights.. I used olight sr96vn and mt18vn as a reference. Both lights are measured by TA calibrated tube lights.. here are the results..

blf gt vn 90 only hit 5338 lumen..

whats more shocking is the mt18vn. Which version do you have?

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really?! Your testing is 6000 lumens off than SL?
I'll check mine when I get home.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I am missing 3 BLF GT handles. If anyone got one that's not theirs please let me know.

star_c_star

Enlightened
I am missing 3 BLF GT handles. If anyone got one that's not theirs please let me know.

Vinh,

If you can't find all three handles, can you order the regular sized handles separately from Lumintop?

I know that you can order the short handles, that only hold one battery carrier.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
GTvn V2 Recent Max Boost Recall (Only applies to those that sent in their V2 for the "Extra Boost"

I have bad news. The latest mods are not reliable. I thought the mods was great but it was because I was using an older set of VTC5A. With a brand new set of VTC5A there is an initial voltage spike on turbo that kills the LED. I killed one just couple days before. I also sent another customer a max boost version and his LED just died with a brand new set of VTC5A too. I know its such a hassle but I will need to turn down the boost to the original V2. Odd thing is not every sample wil die with max boost. I have no idea if the sample you have can withstand the extra current or not. I will have to play it safe and have you send me the head back so I can turn the boost back down. I am very sorry that this is the case but if the LED die its a world of trouble for me to fix. The LED itself is already $120. Please let me know if I can send you a USPS medium flat rate box label for the head return shipping.

star_c_star

Enlightened
GTvn V2 Recent Max Boost Recall (Only applies to those that sent in their V2 for the "Extra Boost"

I have bad news. The latest mods are not reliable. I thought the mods was great but it was because I was using an older set of VTC5A. With a brand new set of VTC5A there is an initial voltage spike on turbo that kills the LED. I killed one just couple days before. I also sent another customer a max boost version and his LED just died with a brand new set of VTC5A too. I know its such a hassle but I will need to turn down the boost to the original V2. Odd thing is not every sample wil die with max boost. I have no idea if the sample you have can withstand the extra current or not. I will have to play it safe and have you send me the head back so I can turn the boost back down. I am very sorry that this is the case but if the LED die its a world of trouble for me to fix. The LED itself is already $120. Please let me know if I can send you a USPS medium flat rate box label for the head return shipping.

Vinh,

Does this mean that the regular BLF GTvn90 V2 (2 Mcd) is completely safe with new VTC5A batteries?

It only affects the BLF GTvn90 V2 with the latest Mods (2.1 - 2.2 Mcd), right?

If so, we'll have to be satisfied with 2 Mcd, which already is much higher than practically any other flashlight one can buy.:)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Vinh,

Does this mean that the regular BLF GTvn90 V2 (2 Mcd) is completely safe with new VTC5A batteries? YES

It only affects the BLF GTvn90 V2 with the latest Mods (2.1 - 2.2 Mcd), right? YES

If so, we'll have to be satisfied with 2 Mcd, which already is much higher than practically any other flashlight one can buy.:) Thanks for understanding. Let me have some time to recover and will test these CFT90 soem more later. Trying my best to save as much as possible for Genesis project. haha

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hello All!

My shop just let me know that the actual thread of the GT is slightly different than what they have in stock after I confirmed with Lumintop. The correct insert has to be custom ordered as the only shop that makes it is on back ordered. They promise to have the insert by mid October. What all this mean I I am afraid the coupler wont be available for delivery until may be November...I apologize for the delay.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

This is the original GT switch and its thin wires. Being lazy I didn't replace these wires and it bites! Some lights had to be sent back because they broke during shipping or after some use. Lesson learned. Dont be lazy!

Nokoff

Enlightened
That sucks. Totally not on you though.

BTW that purple GT on your site is freaking beautiful. Don't give me a price on it, someone else buy it!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
The coupler has excellent quality! The same shop will also make Genesis! Now I am very excited!!!