• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

BLF GTvn V2 - 2Mcd Throw King (August 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: 2Mcd Here we go!

Would it make sense for you to buy a reel of the top bin CFT90 direct from Luminous? What is the minimum you need to buy? It should be a lot cheaper per emitter and you will be able to use it in many more smaller, more affordable lights instead of just in your flagship lights. It should also be much more efficient and maybe we can see 7,000+ lumens with the top bin in the GTvn?

I already purchase the top bin from mouser. Mouser is the only vendor I know to sell at the moment. I don't sell enough CFT90 to purchase a reel. Even if the Real was just 100 LEDs and the price is just $75 instead of $120 it would still be $7500. So yeah...

SKV89

Enlightened

The ones you are using is the VB flux bin with 4,545 lumens, which is the highest bin available for purchase. But on their spec sheet, they have the XB bin with 6,011 lumens that may perhaps be available if you buy a full reel. But I understand the investment would be too huge for you at the moment to buy a whole reel unless you are guaranteed the lights you will be making with them will be sold completely.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

The ones you are using is the VB flux bin with 4,545 lumens, which is the highest bin available for purchase. But on their spec sheet, they have the XB bin with 6,011 lumens that may perhaps be available if you buy a full reel. But I understand the investment would be too huge for you at the moment to buy a whole reel unless you are guaranteed the lights you will be making with them will be sold completely.

Yup. Would be hard to sell...

Agpp

Enlightened

There is at least one more commercial modder that does CFT-90. Maybe you could split the reel with him?

SKV89

Enlightened

I don't doubt you can hit 3500m on a very clear night without ambient light pollution. But, the intensity is still not 3500m per ANSI standard so we cannot use that number for comparison. However, the MF04 does look like an amazing light with a reflector that seems more polished than the one in the GT. I wonder if Vinh might mod it with the Oslon and CFT90. Maybe even figure out a way to make an 8x battery tube.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I don't doubt you can hit 3500m on a very clear night without ambient light pollution. But, the intensity is still not 3500m per ANSI standard so we cannot use that number for comparison. However, the MF04 does look like an amazing light with a reflector that seems more polished than the one in the GT. I wonder if Vinh might mod it with the Oslon and CFT90. Maybe even figure out a way to make an 8x battery tube.

I ordered one ;-)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I just found a huge glitch from the GTvn V2 Circuit. The circuit has very high parasitic drain. 16.8V battery pack can drop a volt or two just over night. I will update ASAP.
Those that sent in a light for V1 to V2 update hang tight.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just found a huge glitch from the GTvn V2 Circuit. The circuit has very high parasitic drain. 16.8V battery pack can drop a volt or two just over night. I will update ASAP.
Those that sent in a light for V1 to V2 update hang tight.

Good catch !

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

All is fixed. Drivers are coming back to me for installation.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vinh,

I agree with Newlumen. Today, I'll be mailing my first BLF GTvn90 back to you to upgrade to version 2.

I already have the short handle for the BLF GTvn. Can we take the BLF GTvn90 version 2, add a coupler, then the short handle, and use 12 protected cells in 3 modded 4S battery carriers?
Mag Light XXXL

Status
Not open for further replies.