I have now had to fix every FWXX flashlight I have; from first production run aluminum to very end of last year’s titanium.
While performing several different repairs, I noticed that I have three different switch pad nubs.
On two of my FW3As - I removed the nubs and, in place, used o-rings. Though I’m sure this will shorten the useable life of the membrane switches, the consistency of switch actuations and (so far) elimination of accidental switch activations is worth the early end of switch life.
I am on the verge of needing to repair my newer unit - suspect I'm going to want a spanner tool to try to remove the switch since that retainer has not yet obliged my efforts to remove it.