BLF/TLF FW3A - now available

joot

Newly Enlightened
I ordered mine from Nealsgadget a week ago. I installed the battery in per instructions. It does NOT turn on, no light, nothing. Did I get a dud? I charged, re-charge the blue battery it came with, no difference. Went on Amazon and ordered the premium Japanese ORBTRONIC battery brand and flashlight still does not work.

joot

Newly Enlightened
Have you checked to make sure you've not locked the light out?
4 clicks from off will toggle the electronic lockout.
P

How would I unlock it (if it was lockout)? When I twist the top end on, there is a momentary light but once it's screwed secured on, clicking the back end does nothing.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im haveing a hect of a time locking mine love the light but i need to be able to lock it

boo5ted

Enlightened
How would I unlock it (if it was lockout)? When I twist the top end on, there is a momentary light but once it's screwed secured on, clicking the back end does nothing.

4 clicks from off will turn off the lockout feature. Also loosen the head and then try to tighten the tail, then tighten the head. Plenty have reported the tail being loose upon delivery.

LedTed

Enlightened
Due to: current requirements, fitment, and shipping - I went with what nealsgadgets had as an add on to my order.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
You know I'm going to order one of these I think. What 18650 are most using?

I'm running Samsung INR18650-25R's (principally because I already had them for my Emisars); Samsung INR18650-30Q's would surely be a better choice since peak current delivery doesn't matter so much on a platform like the FW3A which thermally throttles promptly.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered mine from Nealsgadget a week ago. I installed the battery in per instructions. It does NOT turn on, no light, nothing. Did I get a dud? I charged, re-charge the blue battery it came with, no difference. Went on Amazon and ordered the premium Japanese ORBTRONIC battery brand and flashlight still does not work.

One thing to try is loosening the head, then tightening the tail firmly, then re-tightening the head.

It's a simple enough assembly detail to fix, but has been a common problem, because if not assembled by tightening the tail first, the battery switch signal tube might not make good contact.

Also, it is design to have the battery inserted by removing the head, not the tail.

wardn1

Newly Enlightened
I've been enjoying this light for a couple weeks now. Had some friends over on the deck one night and both the candle mode and lightning mode were enjoyed by all. Something I never thought I would use.

TheDoctorNL

Newly Enlightened
Thinking about getting this for EDC
Copper one looks really nice but the colored ones do too!
Decisions decisions...

DAN92

Enlightened
Received my FW3A. ;)

I use an AW IMR18650 battery, is it a good choice for this light?

Lumintop FW3A.jpg

Lane32x

Newly Enlightened
What's the main difference between the Nichia and SST20 option? Aren't they both great CRI and about the same brightness?

I believe the Nichia version gets hotter than the other emitter options. I know the SST20 is hotter than the XPL-Hi but if I recall correctly the Nichia is even hotter.
that said, I tend to love all of my Nichia lights that I've had so far and I want an FW in Nichia at some point.

Lane32x

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your message borealis. ;)

Mostly, I use these unprotected batteries with my Oveready lights, But I will surely buy a 18650 Samsung INR18650-35E battery.

Normally, use an unprotected battery.

Have you found some protected cells that fit inside this light and allow it to work? The original thread about this light specifically calls out the need for u protected cells, and I haven't found any that meet the width/length requirements yet.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you found some protected cells that fit inside this light and allow it to work? The original thread about this light specifically calls out the need for u protected cells, and I haven't found any that meet the width/length requirements yet.

Fenix 18650 fits perfect

Sent from Tapatalk

Latest posts