Boring service for Surefire and other aluminum or titanium lights

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Boring service for Surefire® and other aluminum or titanium lights

Have you bored any of the Malkoff MDC series bodies? They're E series compatible and I thought the single cell body bored for a 18350 would be a nice fit for a high output E series head.

Referring to this post... Thanks

precisionworks

Flashaholic

Please note ...

I now offer 2-week turnaround for twice the delivered price I've always charged (i.e. $100 for a 6P, $120 for an E1 or E2, etc.)

All prices are in post #1.

Last edited:

precisionworks

Flashaholic

Three lights came in about a week ago, one E2E bored for 18650 (photos) & two E1E's bored for 18350. Bought a new reamer for 18350 & it works well, photos later.

First image (BORING3) shows assembled E2E running 18650 to the original SF incan bulb. Second image (BORING2) shows tube finish off the reamer, smooth enough to function but it does not meet my acceptable standard. Third image (BORING1) shows finish after ball honing.

Attachments

• BORING1.jpg
    BORING1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 318
  • BORING2.jpg
    BORING2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 310
  • BORING3.jpg
    BORING3.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:

Aduraku

Newly Enlightened

I was recently referred to Barry by Hanko Machine Works as I was looking to have a couple of E Series Surefire torches bored. Communication was great with Barry from start to finish. Barry offered his new expedited service to me as I was looking for a quicker turnaround and man was it fast. I don't think I need to mention much about the quality of the work because we all know it's top notch. Thanks for the great work and quick turnaround Barry.

precisionworks

Flashaholic

I was recently referred to Barry by Hanko Machine Works as I was looking to have a couple of E Series Surefire torches bored. Communication was great with Barry from start to finish. Barry offered his new expedited service to me as I was looking for a quicker turnaround and man was it fast. I don't think I need to mention much about the quality of the work because we all know it's top notch. Thanks for the great work and quick turnaround Barry.

Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate your business.

precisionworks

Flashaholic
When the lathe is covered I'm all caught up on boring jobs.

Attachments

• 63399256-5BB3-4ACA-A2C7-61DE4A6211D1.jpg
    63399256-5BB3-4ACA-A2C7-61DE4A6211D1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:

precisionworks

Flashaholic

A pristine Surefire P3X body + custom brass spacer + one cell extender (allows running 2x18650). Bored (of course :) )

$60 PP including shipping CONUS. Please reply through my website as I'm bad about checking my PM's.

https://precisionelectrical.us

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 299

BarryWhems

Newly Enlightened
Barrys work is definitely top notch. I have owned a few lights second hand that he had worked on and the machine work was amazing. Barrys communication is also very clear and professional.My problem is the time it takes to get work done. I had a light with him for some simple trit slots and 3 months later I found out it was still in the package on his shelf. I realize that flashlights may not be his primary line of work, but if you are going to offer an advertised service and cant deliver in 3 months then something is wrong. I had Barry return the lights to me with the work incomplete as he could not provide a definitive time-frame on the work.Depending on the mod work done there are other machinists on CPF that do equivalent or better work for significantly less money and sub-month turn around times.

Hi. I also interested to get boring services on my flashlights. How and where can find list of machinist around Southern California area? Links and recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

H4ppyB34r

Newly Enlightened
I just sent an email asking about having an adapter made for surefires. All the custom work looks great