• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired BOTH SOLD: Rare McGizmo Protos

arewethereyetdad

Flashaholic
BOTH SOLD: two original titanium prototypes from McGizmo, both original build, stock, both absolutely mint. The shorter one, the single-cell PD-27, is one of two, and the longer one, the dual-cell 27LT (predecessor to the Aqua series) one of four. Both were made with screw-on bezel rings, and the LT includes both the original smooth ring and the yaesumofo-made beefy crenelated bezel (as pictured). Both are being offered at hundreds of dollars below cost. USPS priority shipping included.

UPDATE: Wanted to note that BOTH lights come with BOTH bezel rings (the original smooth bezel, as pictured on the PD27 AND the yaesumofo beefy crenelated bezel, as pictured on the 27LT).

McGizmo 27LT Proto: $1600, SOLD.
McGizmo PD27 Proto: $1600, SOLD.

927dcf92-ae3a-4572-a8c0-7343c2cba2c4_zpscr8wffcz.jpg

fa76ed73-4fd5-4104-b978-33a7e61f63a7_zpsjxxiz7er.jpg

3a709a24-89f3-43b3-9ad6-20be3c429cfb_zpsksjziocf.jpg

ce910be5-30da-447e-8a34-c63afa2a792e_zps0vivvnc3.jpg

496c5712-d4b3-4556-af5a-89fa5dbdd380_zpsmkwyxhqe.jpg

ebd4a082-fc40-4917-b7df-31b5ac848ca1_zpsaalwuapo.jpg

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Re: FS: Rare McGizmo Protos

Oh. Wow. I never thought there would ever be this opportunity to own one of the Ti 27 LT Protos .... :eek:

easilyled

Flashaholic

Another point of interest is that the actual working diameter of the reflector in the Aqua series is substantially less than that of the LT Protos. This translates to greater throw assuming identical emitters and current supplied to them.

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would be honored to take the 27LT!!!
I just can not resist the opportunity to own one of these pieces of McGizmo and CPF history.
These few protos came out right about the time that I joined CPF 10 years ago and I have been drooling/lusting over these lights since then, never thinking there would be a day that I could score one of the 4 LT's.
When these were released, it had it all, it's a McGizmo, it's titanium, it looks awesome and it sports a LuxV X bin emitter which at the time was the bees knees and rare as hens teeth!
Thank you Troy and :paypal:

Last edited:

arewethereyetdad

Flashaholic

It's good to see a fellow CPF veteran assume custodianship of this incredible piece. I know you will keep it in good hands. :) Now, let's see who will pick up the other one. :popcorn:

I would be honored to take the 27LT!!!
I just can not resist the opportunity to own one of these pieces of McGizmo and CPF history.
These few protos came out right about the time that I joined CPF 10 years ago and I have been drooling/lusting over these lights since then, never thinking there would be a day that I could score one of the 4 LT's.
When these were released, it had it all, it's a McGizmo, it's titanium, it looks awesome and it sports a LuxV X bin emitter which at the time was the bees knees and rare as hens teeth!
Thank you Troy and :paypal:

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Kills me that the PD is still here.
To solve that, I will take it and reunite the pair!