BRASS / COPPER E to C (E2C) adapter *** SHIPPING ***

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
so if i buy an E2C adapter from you, i should be able to use a Z44 SF bezel and a P60 drop-in and not having any connectivity issues with the spring making contact from the driver?

fyrstormer

Banned
I have had no connectivity issues, both with dropins that have negative contact springs and dropins that don't have negative contact springs.

I suppose with a hard-anodized E2C, you'll need a negative contact spring because the adaptor won't conduct electricity.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had no connectivity issues, both with dropins that have negative contact springs and dropins that don't have negative contact springs.

I suppose with a hard-anodized E2C, you'll need a negative contact spring because the adaptor won't conduct electricity.

thanks man :)

i'm leaning towards copper... but it's a natural HA PEU pineapple body, so perhaps copper wouldn't look as good as brass?

fyrstormer

Banned
Hmm. Not sure, honestly. If the anodize is a noticeable olive-green color, brass would probably look pretty good. Copper might too, if you were willing to let it sit outside for a year and grow a thick green oxide layer. Alternately, TnC sold their stock of hard-anodized E2Cs to Oveready, so you could get one of those and keep the light a single color.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm. Not sure, honestly. If the anodize is a noticeable olive-green color, brass would probably look pretty good. Copper might too, if you were willing to let it sit outside for a year and grow a thick green oxide layer. Alternately, TnC sold their stock of hard-anodized E2Cs to Oveready, so you could get one of those and keep the light a single color.

ah i shouldn't have said natural. it's the E series pineapple from illumination supply. it's kinda silvery