brinkmann mini light...parts needed?

SoCal Moto

Newly Enlightened
Hey People. I've got a brinkmann mini light. Comparable in size to a mini mag light. About 5.25" long AL tube. Had it for years but it's inop. I'm surely missing some parts, but not sure what. I'd like to get it working again, but Brinkmann is out of bid-ness it appears, but I'm assuming other parts from other light companies would fit it b/c the barrel seems to be identical to mag light etc. Here's what I have. Any idea what I'm missing or where to find what I need? Would probably upgrade with an LED bulb setup too if I find everything else.

Thanks for weighing in.

Attachments

• IMG_9120 copy.jpg
    IMG_9120 copy.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

SoCal Moto

Newly Enlightened
yeah I couldn't figure out how to swap parts from a mini mag lite to my brinkmann. When I unscrew the lens/head/reflector of my mini mag lite and try to see if the bulb and holder are swappable, the first thing I see around the base of the bulb is "do not remove."

So that's as far as I got. Unless you guys know more about removing it?

I don't know anything about the lawsuit, but first guess is...patent infringement?

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
the first thing I see around the base of the bulb is "do not remove."
That's all the enticement needed to do the exact opposite, and remove it... lol.

The Minimag switch is a two piece item. If your Brinkmann switch is of the same idea, take something thin and start prying around underneath the circumference of the top part where it says "do not remove". Be careful to not break it, and you should feel the top part separating from the bottom little by little. When they come apart, the bottom half of the switch will drop right out the tube. Then you can study it to get a better idea of the mechanism and how it works.

It's generally a sturdy part, and very simple. Can you take a pic with the head off to show the switch?

SoCal Moto

Newly Enlightened
Sure. Here are pics.

Attachments

• IMG_9148.PNG
    IMG_9148.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_9150.PNG
    IMG_9150.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_9149.PNG
    IMG_9149.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 80

The Hawk

Enlightened
I'm sorry to hear that Brinkman is out of bid-ness. I just had to copy your word as it cracked me up. I have a couple Brinkman lights and have recommended them to friends in the past. Good luck with your fix using Mag-lite parts. I hope it works.

SoCal Moto

Newly Enlightened
I had to give up on that: the Maglite parts are not transferrable. The Brinkmann AL tube has a small metal catch or loop inside it that won't allow the Maglite reflector etc to slide in. I'm sure the catch/loop is the reason why the Brinkmann is such a PITA with a simple bulb swap to begin with, and in my mind is one reason they are no longer in bid-ness (stolen from Eddie Murphy in Trading Places? Beverley Hills Cop? Can't recall...)