Bullet proof SUREFIRE?

Gandalf

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brightnorm:
I did a double take when I saw this in the Streicher's catalog

BULLETPROOF SUREFIRE

Brightnorm
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Somebody in Marketing got *really* carried away calling something in a Police Supply catalog 'bulletproof'!

As I'm sure you are aware, former Warsaw Pact military surplus 7.62 x 39mm (AK-47 ammo) is often steel jacketed, and no plastic flashlight with 2 low density, thin-walled lithium 123's is going stand up to a round from one of these, or virtually any rifle, as well as most handguns, when it comes to that.

I expect there will be a change on the website very shortly.....
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't hold your breath waiting for the change to the advertising... A while back I saw Gargolye brand sunglasses (which I love) being advertised as "bulletproof". Two letters to the manufacturer warning them that they had a lawsuit waiting to happen produced............ no changes.

Stainless

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never tested any of my flashlights or sunglasses by shooting them
frown.gif

Knew I was forgetting something...

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, you won't catch me trying to put a bullet through my E2.. even if I had a gun to do it with.

Although, I can do it with an Airsoft BB gun.

I hereby volunteer to test my lights Airsoft BBproofness..
tongue.gif

Somehow I don't think anyone will be surprised by the results...

Graham

tygger

Enlightened
if you're getting shot at i think the last thing that'll cross your mind would be: "Gee, with all these bullets whizzing by it sure is a good thing my surefire's bulletproof. I'd sure hate to get a nasty scratch on it."
confused.gif

robo

Newly Enlightened
I have a sweatshirt from "Homeboy" which has
"BULLETPROOF" printed on the front. Never thought that this could be a lie!!!

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think that the term "bulletproof" is meant to be taken literally. It just means that it's tough as hell. Look at some car mags and you'll see the term used for rearends and transmissions.
BTW Gargoyles have been tested against 12 guage shotguns and birdshot, and I think even 00 buckshot at 15 or 25 yards, as well as .22 caliber bellets. Just about any lexan/polycarbonate sun/shooting/safety glass can do the same. WylieX (sp?), Silencio, etc.