Bunny and the Snake

lightnix

Enlightened
OK, I'll lighten up (for a second). If it's jokes you want (especially light bulb ones) then check out this thread on the Blue Room forums. It starts off slow, but soon warms up.

The Blue Room is a UK forum for people working backstage in the entertainments industry. The Blue Room was only launched in January, but has just achieved it's 200th member. Nearly 1900 posts on a variety of subjects have been made since then. I know there are a number of show techs in here (I used to be one myself), so hopefully there is something of interest for many of you. Did anybody go to the USITT conference, by the way ? Anything interesting happen ?

Back on the political front: all I was trying to point out up there was that without French help in liberating America from us vile Brits, poor George Washington would quite probably have got a severe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gifing of the highest order and you would not have the proud nation and freedoms that you enjoy today.

Apart from that nobody really likes Jacques Chirac - he's probably one of the most corrupt politicians in the whole of Europe and has been implicated in several political scandals recently. The trouble is that (like Britain, Germany and many other European countries) the political opposition is worse than useless, so they're stuck with him for now. Try not to be too hard on them.

Peace to you all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Albany Tom

Enlightened
Hey, except for being invaded by the Germans, having their fleet sunk by the British Navy, and surrendering the the US in North Africa, the French did pretty well in WWII.

Let's not forget the worst thing they've ever done, though, and that was invent the metric system. *******s.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bill.H

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Albany Tom said:
Let's not forget the worst thing they've ever done, though, and that was invent the metric system. *******s.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHOA! They did that??? Some things are just unforgiveable!!

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Bunny and the Snake and the fiddle player

Mr_Sesmesesles I guess nobody read through to the 3rd page of that link you posted. I was already mostly on the floor laughing (Used to have an actual paid position doing lighting and have done many sound reinforcement gigs and by training I'm a violin player believe it or not) and I nearly went catatonic when I read this:

A furry little rabbit, who is blind, is sitting under a bush, quietly sobbing, when a garden snake, who is also blind (quite a coincidence, but hey, it's a story . . .), happens along, and pauses by the rabbit.

"What's the matter" . . . he asks, to which the rabbit replies " I'm blind and lost, and I can't tell what kind of animal I am" . . . The snake answers "I'm blind, too. . . say, maybe we can help each other." "Tell you what . . . let me check you out first, and then you can do me, too".

The rabbit agrees, and the snake slithers over and proceeds to coil all around the rabbit. "Lemme see," he says . . . "you're warm and furry, and you've got long ears and a little puffy tail . . . you must be a rabbit."

"I'm a rabbit, I'm a rabbit" the little rabbit exclaims, and hops around excitedly . . . and the snake says "o.k., now it's my turn . . . "

The rabbit feels the snake very carefully, and says "Let's see . . . you're cold and slimy, and you don't have any ears at all . . . you must be a tour manager!"'

LOLOLOLOL So, did they get it from Sasha, or did she get it from them?

OK, so as long as they are telling musician jokes over there there is absolutely no reason for me to tell some here...

Q: Whats the difference between a violin and a viola?

A: A Viola burns longer.

Q: Whats the definition of a minor second?

A: 2 Oboes playing in unison.

Q: How can you tell the child of a trombone player on the playground?

A: He can't swing and doesn't know how to use the slide!

lololol ROFL, ah, now I'm remembering college... I'm sure more of these will surface from my memory in the coming days and if so I'll be sure to punish you all with them.

Sorry, I don't know any French jokes, or at least none come to mind. As far as my opionion on making fun of the French, I think that their governments political stance on this opens them up to be fair game for some ribbing. Nobody is beating up frenchmen on the street, we're just sending some laughs their way.

Albany Tom

Enlightened

Oh, Ok...I hear everyone yelling for another one.

Q: Why does the French Navy have glass bottomed boats?

A: So they can see the French Air Force.

Greta

Administrator
Staff member

[ QUOTE ]
Albany Tom said:
Oh, Ok...I hear everyone yelling for another one.

Q: Why does the French Navy have glass bottomed boats?

A: So they can see the French Air Force.

[/ QUOTE ]

OUCH!!! ROTFLMAO!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior

Q: What's the difference between a Stage Manager and God?
A: God doesn't think he's a Stage Manager.

I had to go and look at this now I am in pain from laughing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

How many actors does it take to change a lightbulb?
One.. the actor holds the lightbulb and the whole world revolves around the actor!

AND this one applies to us---
when getting hassle from the director/cast/sm about your lighting gently remind them there dealing with god!
history backs this fact up.in the early days of theatre the stage was outdoors and illumanated by the sun or moon.
who was in charge of the sun and moon?
why god of course

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast

ok. these are sick, but really hit the funny bone.

when is it bedtime at Michael Jackson's house?

when the big hand is on the little hand.

what did the mom say to Michael Jackson on the beach?

youre in my sun.

i overheard this comment on the radio recently: "it is so cold, Michael Jackson is sleeping with adults."

funny, in a sick kinda way.

Bob

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast

Highland Sun, fantastic material! I'm listening to some of your streaming tracks now, really great!

I didn't think it was possible that I could hear a new violin/violist joke, but I haven' ever heard that one before!

Here are some more:

Q: How do you keep your violin from being stolen?
A: Put it in a Viola case!

Q: Why is lightening like a violinists fingers?
A: They never strike in exactly the same place twice!

Humor in time of war...

highlandsun

Enlightened

Heh heh, I'll have to remember those.

Glad you like the music. One of these days I hope to have time to record some more...