Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

Wurkkos

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
A few days ago, my next door neighbor gave my daughter, two home-grown eggplants, that a lady at her church gave her. She graciously accepted them, but told my daughter that no one in her house eats eggplant. She herself only likes it if it is breaded and fried with a little gravy and a little cheese.

Here it is, with a little gravy, and layers of cheese.
I hope she likes it. I am sure that we will. :)

yWzF_pWq6Efoi_z2UNuQmcT9rZ=w672-h789-no?authuser=0.jpg

edit: I little critique. The last time I made it, everything was cooked and still hot when I put the fresh mozzarella on top. I threw it under the broiler for a few minutes to melt the mozz. It was good. This time everything was warm, and I put the fresh mozz on top then put it in the oven for 17 minutes at 350. The mozz became rubbery.

In the future, either I won't use fresh mozz, or it will be put on only at the end.

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
The temperature is dropping, and it is time for some home-made chicken (with a little bit of rice) soup. Top it off with some grated parmesan cheese... 😊

U2mJNn599kl5uOhS0WCzClIvHk=w592-h789-no?authuser=0.jpg

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
When I make beef stew, I use a pressure cooker, and some port wine.
Yesterday while watching "Beat Bobby Flay" I learned that I really make... "Beef Bourguignon"

Beef bourguignon or bœuf bourguignon, also called beef Burgundy, and bœuf à la Bourguignonne, is a beef stew braised in red wine, often red Burgundy, and beef stock, typically flavored with carrots, onions, garlic, and a bouquet garni, and garnished with pearl onions, mushrooms, and bacon. Wikipedia

Next time I'll have to use some bacon.
As Chance says... "Everything is better with bacon!"

_QVBKy5yWcTxfTe_7fP20DO-aq=w592-h789-no?authuser=0.jpg

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
I made curry chicken a couple times when I was in school. The first two times it was good. The third time I used to much curry and that ruined it for me. I'll have to give it a try again. I'm glad to s that the boys are still cooking

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Freezer burn:

It's essentially dehydration of food by way of sublimation.

Yesterday, I had some lightly freezer burned chicken in the freezer. I read that it is still healthy to eat, but that it might have lost some flavor, and the texture may have been altered a bit. I decided to rehydrate it by making chicken soup.

Sauteed celery, onion, and carrots, 2 cans of chicken stock, 3 cups of water, and 3/4 cup of rice, and a little parsley. It came out great!

I gave a quart to my neighbor. In return, she gave me 2 servings of lasagna. Whoo hoo! I'll make that trade, any day of the week! :)

Latest posts