Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

kerneldrop

Enlightened
I mostly eat the same food and same qty every day.
Eggs + oatmeal in am.
Chicken + red potatoes/sweet potatoes/rice throughout the day and night.

There’s not much pleasure in that meal plan

Last edited:

Chauncey Gardiner

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
I've got a nice aged New York strip thawing for the crock pot tomorrow. It was on clearance since it was nearly out of date. I buy steaks like that when I can. $12 steak for $5 and it's more tender. Toss it in a freezer until time to eat it.

A pound of string beans, 2 baking potatos cubed, a stick of butter and a tablespoon of Goya seasoning powder on low for 4 hours or so……mmmmmm.

I set the butter stick on the steak while its cold and let the slow cooker melt it into the meat. The potatoes taste buttery along with the string beans.
It's pretty yummy.
Pictures or it never happened.

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Last night's dinner included a two layer meatloaf, with a layer of cheddar cheese in the middle. Mixed in throughout was a cup of 4 cheese Mexican. Also a creamed corn, with sour cream, corn bread casserole. Mashed yams, and carrots.

Took about twenty five minutes to prep and an hour to bake.

1641821214244.png

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
My day two stew.
I call it day two because the broth is mostly from a previous stew and frozen for a short time.
FD6FEBAF-7C75-454E-B0DD-E6FE177D266B.jpeg

- The broth is left from a previous batch with a bit more water, butter and Goya added to the 2 weeks ago broth that had been frozen.
- The beef was kabobs not NY strip. We had eaten the New York strip in the previous stew. Potato's were skin on. Green beans were from last summer.
- Cooked in a crock pot for 7 hours on low.
- Mrs Fixer prefers hers served on a plate.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
added some 15 bean dry beans to presure cooker and added some pork roast ill let it cook over night then just *** salt some garlic and caned tomaotoes its a recesion meal

kerneldrop

Enlightened
I do whole chickens in a pressure cooker. Texture is different for sure. I prefer it to roasting chicken. It pretty much just steams

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Yesterday, thinking about breakfast, I thought I would make half a dozen hard boiled eggs. I took them out, and changed my mind.

Spinach and onion Quiche!

garlic, salt and pepper, and Allspice, and Nutmeg. Delish :)

Just looking at it I realized there's no bacon :(

1641906859104.png

Chauncey Gardiner

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
I do whole chickens in a pressure cooker. Texture is different for sure. I prefer it to roasting chicken. It pretty much just steams
My mother tells a story of a not-right relative that put a whole chicken in a pressure cooker, and I mean a whole chicken. Too much chicken and too much pressure. The results were nothing short of spectacular! 💥Feathers n guts were everywhere.

kerneldrop

Enlightened
My mother tells a story of a not-right relative that put a whole chicken in a pressure cooker, and I mean a whole chicken. Too much chicken and too much pressure. The results were nothing short of spectacular! 💥Feathers n guts were everywhere.

Oh my. A pressure cooker is a serious appliance.
It’s pretty much a blast chamber.

The air fryer is probably my favorite appliance. I cook 35 ounces of potatoes a day so it gets used a lot. I use a rice cooker every other day.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a child had a pet chicken i named red.. He disappeared one day.. I was told we were eating duck for dinner that night. I've never been the same since 🤪

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
As a child had a pet chicken i named red.. He disappeared one day.. I was told we were eating duck for dinner that night. I've never been the same since 🤪
knucklegary,
I'm sorry that affected you.

When I was about 10-11 years old my best friend decided he was going to be a vegetarian. Probably gave me a story about killing animals.

Well wouldn't you know that week my mom sent me to the chicken market to get a chicken. I watched the guy reach into a cage and grab a bird. He walked into the back room and came out. He then held it to the plucking machine, and I brought it home in the bag still warm.

After that I think I was a vegetarian for a week or two. Eventually I got over it. :)

I wasn't raised on a farm, I lived four blocks from the Jersey Palisades where I could look across the river to the NYC skyline. I'm sure that wasn't the first time I went to the chicken market, I don't know if it was the last.