Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

Poppy

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
@kerneldrop Very Nice!

I use onions in just about everything I cook for myself. It's a shame my daughter doesn't like them.

When I make chicken, I often use a Grill Mates seasoning.
Each of these are delicious and they each give chicken a different flavor.

kerneldrop

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a collection of those too because after a while plain chicken gets hard to get down.
I go to Sam's club and rack up. ha

Chauncey Gardiner

Chauncey Gardiner

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
IMG 0937

All in the family get a hankering for this at least once a month. We're trying to expand our menus, but we still love the old standbys.

IMG 0938

Poppy

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
View attachment 22677

All in the family get a hankering for this at least once a month. We're trying to expand our menus, but we still love the old standbys.

View attachment 22678
Oh Chance,
I've been wanting to make spaghetti and meatballs for a few weeks, and my daughter keeps saying no. Yesterday, I bought some frozen ones, so I can make it on a moment's notice.

I have been trying to stay away from grains, so that does pare down my dinner suggestions.
Often when asked, what do you want for dinner I hear... "Coconut Chicken sounds good!"

Here it is with fried coconut pineapple.

Relatively quick and easy, but I too want to widen our dining horizons.

I'm afraid though it is going to be more take out Chinese, and take out Italian from a pizza restaurant, because starting February, I'll be working three days a week, and two days a week, I'll be driving the grandkids to and from sports training activities.

kerneldrop

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spaghetti is my meal of choice. I eat it 1x a week.
I can't get over the difference it makes when you salt the pasta water then add some of the starchy water the sauce.... i heard " salt the pasta water like it's the Mediterranean Sea"

Poppy

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
@kerneldrop "salt the pasta water like it's the Mediterranean Sea" I am sure that I heard that on "The Kitchen"
so I googled it, and just about everyone says that, including Martha Stewart, who recommends a heaping tablespoon of salt to a gallon of water. That measurement works better for me because I never tasted the Mediterranean.

So... What's in the pot Poppy?

kerneldrop

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
It takes a lot more salt than 1TB per gallon.
You keep pouring and tasting until it's as salty as salt water.
Most of the salt doesn't get into the noodles but what it does to the noodles is magical.

ledbetter

ledbetter

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Another tip is to add salt to water after it heats up some otherwise you can damage some metals or pan surfaces.

Poppy

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
How about par cooking the noodles, and then finishing them off in chicken soup!

The above soup was made with:
The "Holy Trinity" carrots, celery, and onions. I add garlic.

Then of course the chicken cubed. Usually breast meat, but the thighs are more flavorful.
Sometimes cubed, other times shredded.

I added three cans of chicken stock, a heaping teaspoon of chicken bouillon, and a couple of cups of water.
Some basil, and parsley.

Served with ample amounts of grated parm, and romano cheeses. Salt and pepper to your hearts content, but the cheeses are pretty salty.

Made about a gallon of soup. I probably used about 1/3 lb of ditalini pasta. They blow up and eat up a lot of the juice, as a result they are flavorful.

We ate about a quart today, two quarts will go into the fridge which will be eaten over the next couple of days, and one quart frozen.

kerneldrop

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stainless Steel Chicken...onions are in the pan soaking up all the fond on the bottom of the pan.

51841394533 4e85953c4e c

raggie33

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i just used my stand mixer to grind some pork .in the am i plan to make biscuits and gravy

kerneldrop

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seared to perfection! :clap:
It’s all the pan. I used a boxed kit stainless for years…splurged on a USA made stainless pan. Difference is night and day. I just can’t go back after using a quality pan.

I like my cast iron too.

bykfixer

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
No stainless steel, nor chicken here
E58F2F43 86A0 4511 9014 91FE8E0406D3

Just store bought Young's Alaskan pollock fillets.

295233C9 D822 44AC BE19 1B2F1966541A

On thick sliced Wonder bread
Chased with Lays ripple chips with sour creme n onion dip, with a thin layer of that on the Wonder bread.
To drink was low calorie Ocean Spray cran-pomagranite with frozen pinapple juice ice cubes.

bykfixer

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
View attachment 22885

View attachment 22886
Chased with Lays ripple chips with sour creme n onion dip, with a thin layer of that on the Wonder bread.
To drink was low calorie Ocean Spray cran-pomagranite with frozen pinapple juice ice cubes.

raggie33

raggie33

*the raggedier*
View attachment 22885

View attachment 22886
is this the fish captain ds uses? becuase that stuff is so darn yummy

Poppy

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
It’s all the pan. I used a boxed kit stainless for years…splurged on a USA made stainless pan. Difference is night and day. I just can’t go back after using a quality pan.

I like my cast iron too.
Nice job on those bits of chicken.
I have three heavy stainless pans. I love them!

Poppy

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
View attachment 22885

View attachment 22886
I'm glad to see that you are getting involved with posting your fun and easy eating's.

I had something similar in the freezer for a few weeks, and finally got permission to cook it up. It was good!