Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

bykfixer

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Microwave corn on the cob.
Glass bowl, corn on the cob, paper towels, water.

Basically you can cook whole (shucked) or frozen 1/2 ears (my favorite) very easily and quickly in a microwave.
Place corn in a microwave safe bowl and add about 1 cup of water. Cover with paper towels.
It's that easy.
For a fresh, whole ear cook about 3 minutes. Add about one more minute for additional ears.
For frozen about 7 minutes, adding another minute for additional ears.
891C529B E10F 4FB5 A440 366736F26FC4

Bowl will be very hot. Remove paper towel and let breath a minute or so in order to allow steam to disipate.

7F521DE1 FDA2 4BD7 B01D 333ACDF4A171

Remove bowl from microwave with gloves or whatever you have to remove hot items.

Why I like frozen half ears
445EA072 1775 46C1 B9F5 3DFD27764DB1

So I can stab a cob knob onto each one to set on a plate.
Add butter or whatever fixins' you prefer.
I eat mine without any added items.

bykfixer

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Back at post 3067 we discussed salmon cakes for a time.
My buddy knucklegary suggested trying soda crackers instead of bread crumbs. Tonight we did and it's crackers instead of bread crumbs from now on......

knucklegary

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Salmon Cakes!! I tried mixing in scallions, instead of green pepper, the onions cook in nice, and always add touch of dill relish. Turned out yummy. Russet au gratin.. I prefer baked potatoes, but no way turning on oven when it's 90°F in the shade
IMG 20220623 163910272

Poppy

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Looks great!
Were those potatoes hot or cold? Either way... delish :)

I agree about the oven. If I have to use it, I'll opt for the toaster oven, but better yet - cook outside.

Hmmm... I think it is time for some Sausage, peppers, and onions. I tend to cook them outside on the grill too, in part to avoid the strong lingering smell inside the house.

raggie33

raggie33

*the raggedier*
when publix has muscles on say for bogo i buy them defrost them in microwave pour all the liquid in pan instead of down the drain then add milk and the musscles them selfs to butter and make a simple soup dont ever waste the juices

knucklegary

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks great!
Were those potatoes hot or cold? Either way... delish :)

I agree about the oven. If I have to use it, I'll opt for the toaster oven, but better yet - cook outside.

Hmmm... I think it is time for some Sausage, peppers, and onions. I tend to cook them outside on the grill too, in part to avoid the strong lingering smell inside the house.

Starts out just like scalloped potatoes then I add a little grated cheese, whatever's in the fridge at the time. Potato salad during Summer is another fav..

bykfixer

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
In summer I nuke baked potatos. Yeah it lacks the crunchy skin but I don't miss that if it means not having to be outside in the southern summer heat (after working in it).

I learned a trick a while ago where if you stick a nail through a raw potato the nail adds heat to the inside so it cooks faster. Do not do that in the microwave btw. Any metal rod will do so long as it protrudes out of each side.

I tried nuked au grautin potatos but prefer those from the oven so that is a fall/winter treat at our house.

raggie33

raggie33

*the raggedier*
omg i love baked potatos the bigger the better microwaves suck for potatoes but my microwave cook as a oven and a microwave combined

ledbetter

ledbetter

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Making some things over and over again these days. Liking the baked pastas, even though I usually don’t like running the oven these months but it was barely 70 today so why not. Homemade meat sauce with pork and beef and plenty of red wine, and remembered the mushrooms this time. Love leftovers!
A7581D6B F9DD 4F55 B992 D84691D1F293

Chauncey Gardiner

Chauncey Gardiner

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Making some things over and over again these days. Liking the baked pastas, even though I usually don’t like running the oven these months but it was barely 70 today so why not. Homemade meat sauce with pork and beef and plenty of red wine, and remembered the mushrooms this time. Love leftovers! View attachment 29345
That [email protected]@Ks wonderfully delicious!

Chauncey Gardiner

Chauncey Gardiner

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
My mom lovingly prepared last night's Family Dinner.

IMG 1994

The purple adult beverage is new to us. It's Empress 1908 Indigo Gin.